Keeping a Black Range Clean

We just got a black range and it is awful to clean! No matter what special cleaners I use it is streaked. It looks really bad when a light shines on it. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Miz Meg from Atlanta, GA

I have one too. I agree, it looks dirty unless you constantly clean it. I find that windex works best. And I am always dusting it with my Swiffer Duster. Sometimes if it gets really greasy from cooking, I just take a soapy sponge and soak the whole top of the stove and scrub it good. Then soak it all up with paper towells and wipe it down till its dry and shiney. Yes its alot of work, but there seems to be no choice.

My favorite for stove tops is CINCH by Spic and Span.

It's in a red spray bottle and is for glass. It smells so good ! and it's a great de-greaser

try WD40

I have a black range with a black glass top. I love it! Here's how I keep it clean and streak-free. Use a cleaner for glass - windex, vinegar and water with a few drops of soap, cinch, awesome (diluted a lot!). After spraying, wipe it off with a damp cloth. Rinse the cloth out and wipe again. Ah, but here's the secret, dry it off with a finely textured microfiber cloth. The cloth will polish and shine. It may be hard the first time to get all the streaks from around the knobs, but after it's done, it will be easier from now on. Carolyn

I've found that the best way to keep mine clean is to spray it with 'Greased Lightning', wipe down, and then wipe with clear water and dry with paper towels. This takes off all the grease, dust, dirt, etc. and leaves a nice shine!

I use a CERAMA BRYTE ceramic cooktop scraper to remove baked on food and CERAMA BRYTE GLASS -CERAMIC COOKTOP CLEANER that I ordered from GE when I bought my glass black top stove.(1-800-626-2002)

or you may also be able to buy it from Home Depot or Lowes.Best stuff I ever used and very easy also.

I love my Range and had a hard time keeping it clean until I learned the secret.I use the finest steel wool you can buy and it gets the cooked on food off and then use a glass cleaner on the top,rinse,wipe clean with soft paper towels and put on a coat of car polish.

Try Barkeepers Friend, sprinkle on stove, scrub with dampened towel. Rinse with clean dampened towel, then buff with a dry towel. I've had very stubborn stains that I couldn't remove any other way.

I have a black range with a black glass top and every night after it has cooled I spray it with Fantastic's Oxycleaner. I then take a Mr Clean Magic Eraser sponge and dampen and use that to clean up anything that might linger. I then use a soft no-lint cloth or microfiber cloth to dry and polish to a high shine.

I used to use windex and then finish if off with Pledge.

COOKS COUNTERTOP CLEANER WORKS WELL. THE TRICK IS AT THE END WIPE THE TOP OF THE RANGE CLEAN WITH DRY PAPERTOWELS TO SHINE AND NOT STREAK.

When water boils over each morning from my tea kettle it leaves a white residue on the top underneath the burner. I am afraid to try anything harsh, afraid it will harm the finish.

I use dish soap and scouring pad. Once dry, it will be very streaked. I then use windex with vinagar, again, it will dry cloudy and streaked, lastly, I buff it to a spot/streak free shine with a micro fiber cloth, looks as good as new, a little more work but there are no other options with a black top range.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesApril 17, 2006
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
Black Bean Salsa
Black Bean Salsa Recipes
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
🎉
🎄