Saving Browned Flour for Gravy

If I have made too much browned flour for gravy can I save the flour for use later? If so, how do I save it?

By Kayrene from Potomac, MT

Put it in a ziplock bag in the freezer.

I always brown flour for gravies, making it ahead of time so I have it when I need it. I store it in instant coffee jars and keep it on the shelf. Pillsbury says you can keep raw flour stored like this: "Store flour in an airtight container in a cool place (75° F. or cooler). For longer storage, place flour bag in a resealable plastic freezer bag and refrigerate or freeze. Properly stored, flour will stay fresh for up to 2 years." So, if its fine for raw it must be fine for cooked browned and I've never had any problems with any I've pre-made or stored.

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceJanuary 5, 2011
All Purpose Flour
What is All Purpose Flour?
Cake Flour
Using Cake Flour
Bread Machine
Recipes Using All Purpose Flour in Bread Machine
Browned Butter And Cheese Pasta
Greek Browned Butter And Cheese Pasta
🎄
🍂