Make a Doll from Child's Favorite Shirt

My nephew had a Sponge Bob shirt that was too small, but he still wanted to wear it. So I made a doll with it. I designed everything on paper first then proceeded to cut everything out. You can use an existing pattern for dolls, but I chose to design it myself. I made a head, attached yarn for the hair, and then I used permanent marker for the face. I made arms and legs out of a muslin, and stuffed them with poly-fill. I used his shirt for the body, and stuffed it with poly-fill. He loved it and so did his sister, so I did the same thing for her out of her favorite shirt. I thought this way they could keep their favorite shirt and not wear it.

By Sandra P. from Locust Grove, OK

Great idea! I've also used some of my sons outgrown T's and made shirts for his teddy bear :)

New York T-Shirt
Preserving Special T-Shirts
Better Living Green Living ReusingDecember 16, 2007
Parenting an Autistic Child, Diamond shaped traffic sign warning, autistic child area.
Parenting an Autistic Child
A man wearing a t-shirt.
Shrinking a T-shirt
Nice light blue dress shirt.
Making Shirt Collars Last Longer
Husband and Wife holding a baby
Adopting a Child