Unique 50th Birthday Ideas

I will be celebrating my 50th birthday in June. I need birthday ideas for what to do? I want something different, not the usual theme parties, etc.

By Linda

When my brother turned 50, we had an "Over the Mountain" party. We printed mountain banners from the computer, and made a camping scene in the corner of the room, with sleeping bags, lanterns, and a fake campfire. We invited the guests to dress in hiking clothes, with backpacks and hiking sticks. Centerpieces were bandanas and mess kits, cans of beans, mountain pie irons, etc. Everyone loved it, and we got tons of great comments! It's a very masculine theme, and a lot more upbeat than the "over the hill" idea.

I have never understood the theme parties. Can't you just have some people in for cake and coffee and good conversation? That is what the people that I know do.

When my husband turned '60', on the invitation we wrote: In lieu of gifts, please bring any type or amount of pet food, treats or litter, which will be donated to the local humane society in my husband's name. We were overwhelmed with the generosity of our family and friends 'gifts'. When we dropped off the 'booty' to the shelter, the staff was shocked and grateful for the items. My husband was so proud to do this - being a life-long animal lover. Total of food, treats and litter donated: 265 pounds! It was awesome! My husband even received a Thank You note from the shelter, signed by all the staff and volunteers.

Look up what else is turning fifty this year; do a search for "things turning 50". That might give you some creative ideas. Happy birthday!

For my husband's 50th, before the party, we had family and friends from all over the country phone in memories, stories, and birthday well-wishes. All the stories were stored onto a keepsake CD which we played at the party. We arranged for all this at a website called LifeOnRecord.com

It was a huge hit, and my husband was really touched by the folks that had recorded their messages, even if they couldn't be there.

I am also 50 in June, and I am celebrating by reliving my childhood parties with all the childhood games. Pass the parcel, musical chairs, pin the tail on the ???? . I'm still young at heart, and I'm proving it. Have fun

Unique 50th Birthday Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayJanuary 6, 2011
50th Anniversary Gift Box
50th Anniversary Gift Ideas
50th Birthday Party
50th Birthday Gift Ideas for Women
50th Wedding Anniversary Party
50th Wedding Anniversary Party Ideas
Party Balloons
Surprise 50th Birthday Party Ideas
🎉
🎄