Question

Share | Account | About
Share>Account>About>

Fixing Fudge That Didn't Set

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Making Fudge

Sometimes fudge just doesn't set. Short of using it for a syrup or spread, you may want to try to fix it and successfully get it to set. This is a guide about fixing fudge that didn't set.

Here are questions related to Fixing Fudge That Didn't Set.

Question: Fixing Fudge That Didn't Set

My daughter has made some fudge that isn't setting. What can she add to thicken it? I thought of cornstarch, but we don't know how much or if it will change the flavor. I hope someone can help us out.

By Linda from Bloomington, IL

Most Recent Answer

By penny9880101/05/2013

I have thrown out so many batches of gritty frosting until I did one simple step - put a lid on your pot for the slow boiling time. I even leave the lid on when I take it off the stove to cool ... worked perfectly - no grainy frosting! Hope this works for you.

Question: Chocolate Microwave Fudge Didn't Set

My fudge did not get hard, I did exactly what the recipe called for. Any ideas what I can do to make it hard, or what can I do with it, so I do not have to throw it out.

By Diana

Question: Candy Cane Fudge Not Setting

I made candy cane fudge, and it isn't setting! I substituted condensed milk for sweetened condensed milk, but I used an online recipe and added sugar for the condensed milk. Should I reheat it? Or add powdered sugar to it?

By Lily M

Most Recent Answer

By frances12/20/2013

I am assuming that the milk substitution was not part of the recipe you followed. It sounds like you substituted evaporated milk for the condensed milk. If that is correct, you won't be able to get the fudge to set up no matter what you do. Evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk are in no way the same product.

Question: Fudge Did Not Harden

You said to heat it more. Can I do this in the microwave since I have already pour it into a glass container?

By MGJ

Question: Fudge Did Not Set

I used canned milk and my fudge did not set. It's gooey. How do I get it to harden?

By Sue S

Question: Fudge Not Setting

My fudge won't set. It's soft and has set overnight. What can I do?

By ktjonas from Tucson, AZ

Most Recent Answer

By Christine12/30/2011

You need to cook your fudge longer so the sugar will 'set.'

Solutions: Fixing Fudge That Didn't Set

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!