Pet Stains and Odors

How do I remove a pet urine and feces stain in carpet?

By Nita from NH

1/4 cup peroxide and 1 Teaspoon dish detergent, brush this in, this is for stains, allow to air dry and then vacuum. For smelly carpets use an enzymatic cleaner and follow directions OR do the home remedies using vinegar.

Make a solution of 1/2 a cup of vinegar and 1 quart of warm water, and drizzle or spray it on to the stained area. Place towels over the stain and weight it down with a heavy object. Once it is dry, use a brush to refresh the nap of the carpet.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6595767_home-pet-urine-stains-carpet.html

White vinegar takes out the odor, and cleans the carpet, too. It will not have a vinegar smell after it dries. I add one drop (one only) of dish detergent and a handful of terry rags and scrub scrub. You may have to do it twice, but the 'aroma' never returns and the animal will not smell it either so he/she won't go back to do it. It does work. I moved into an apt that had an old dog, and on the first humid day I smelled the offensive 'pee'. The vinegar remedy worked.

September 12, 2010 Flag

How do I remove pet stains and odors from carpet and hardwood floors?

By Kellye from US

October 22, 2009 Flag

Has anyone used the Haan steam cleaner on their carpet or furniture for pet accidents? Please help, I need to get the smell out of both badly.

By Littlebit09 from Red Oak, TX

Answers:

Pet Stains and Odors

I agree with Mary L.; white vinegar works wonders on light fabrics; if fabric is dark either cider or white. (05/12/2009)

By PIKKA

Pet Stains and Odors

I have not tried this, but read on another site that mouthwash will remove the smell of pet urine. The mouthwash smell will linger for a day or two, but the urine smell will be gone. (05/18/2009)

By PICO

Pet Stains and Odors

Just wanted to point out that it may have dribbled down into the carpet padding.
Sigh. (05/19/2009)

By cookwie

May 12, 2009 Flag

To remove pet stains and odors, equally mix vinegar and water and apply to stain. Works better than any commercial cleaner.

By Mary Leopard

Answers:

Pet Stains and Odors

I have a Standard Schnauzer that just refuses to hold it until I get home from work. He has chosen a Queen Anne wingback chair as his "fire hydrant". After using just about every commercial product I could find, I started using vinegar. It is the "best". I don't use anything else in my carpet shampooer now. (04/04/2006)

By Suzzanne

Pet Stains and Odors

I am a property manager for a large apartment community. I have a decent turnover every month of tenants vacating and new tenants moving in. As you can imagine, I have to deal with the odor problem on a regular basis. Cigarette, pet, mold and mildew odors are the most common not to mention ethnic cooking.

I was fortunate enough to have a new product recommended to me by one of my maintenance crew. The product is called "Room Shocker" it's a fairly new product on the market so it's hard to find, but you can get it on a website called BiocideSystems.com. This product is so amazing I want tell the whole world, because I know how frustrating it is to keep trying different products that don't deliver. I can tell you, I've tried almost everything including enzyme neutralizing products and ozone machines. I can honestly say that nothing works as well as this product.

So far I've used it to get vomit smell out, (sorry, I know that's gross, but that is what I deal with) cigarette and cigar odors, funky body odor, moldy smell, and of course dog and cat urine. In all cases, I was amazed each time. I promise, I don't make a commission on this. The stuff really works!

(10/10/2008)

By fbender

Pets Pet OdorsSeptember 12, 2010
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Pet Stains from Carpet
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
🎄