Eczema Relief

My young granddaughter has bad eczema on the back of her legs behind the knees. Has anyone a remedy that will help? Is it due to the jeans being too tight on her legs. It is also, due to synthetic materials.

By Betty from NZ

Has it been diagnosed as eczema? I can understand that a rash or irritation would occur if the legs of her jeans are quite tight. I have noticed that a lot of the jean legs are fitting tighter and to me they look uncomfortable. Of course at my "ripe" old age, I'm all for as much comfort as I can get, lol.

Try Cetaphil Lotion. It can be purchased at Wal-Mart.

One of my sons had this. He could only wear cotton clothing. To this day if he needs a stitch in a cut, he has to ask for silk because the nylon causes a severe reaction.

My daughter had this when she was a little girl. I always thought it was caused by her knee high socks. But once she started allergy shots, the rash behind her knee went away!

This could be caused by something the child is eating or even allergy to pets. If it were my child, I'd want to have an allergist verify this condition. My 2nd choice would be a dermatologist. But since I am convinced it is an allergic reaction, I"d try the allergist first.

That said, I must add that as I mature I am becoming more and more severly allergist to synthetic materials, HEAT (thermal allergy), and FABRIC SOFTENER. I use only hypoallergenic laundry detergent to wash my clothes, bedding and towels. Sometimes I put white vinegar in the rinse water. (I was once told by a pediatrician to rinse my daughter's clothing TWICE.)

MY heart goes out to you because this is a condition my family has struggled with for 40 yrs. Good luck.

Thank you for all your replies, It has been very helpful. When they were in Australia they had some thing there which was really good so maybe will have to send there for it. Thank you Betty NZ

I have had exzema for years and think I have tried everything. I have recently tried "Burt's Bees Hand Cream with Honey & Grapeseed Oil". It works great. It does have a little odor but it really works. Good Luck.

I have it and so do my grand children. Wearing tight clothing doesn't help it keeps the heat in and the body temp needs to remain cool. Cool baths are great. Anything that keeps heat in shouldn't be used. Hence, rash develops and itching starts etc. I'm not much on home remedies especially on children so I use Eucerine creme not lotion and 3 times a day apply to effected areas.

My elbows break out bad and I have been told that it is either contact dermatitis or stress induced eczema and nothing seems to stop the rashes. I have to use perfume free soaps and detergents and this helps. I have found that if I use just enough white sugar in some water to make the water sweet and put it on the rash and leave it, it seems to stop the itching which stops the scratching which seems to help the rash clear up faster.

I have severe eczema and hives from severe allergies....I take zyrtec & zantac in the morning and allegro & zantac at night. A nutritional counselor told me to take probiotics. This actually cleared my eczema better that the strongest steroid cream prescribed along with the medication. I have slowly stopped the allergy meds & I continued the probiotics. I remembered for my children I mixed Aveno oatmeal lotion and Aquaphor and used that daily on damp skin from the tub or shower.

Hand with eczema rash
Remedies for Eczema
Health & Beauty AdviceApril 3, 2010
Ebola Virus Test
Ebola Virus Charities
woman trying to sleep
Home Remedies for Restless Leg Syndrome
Humidifier
Humidify Your Home
🎉
🎄