Temporary Relief for a Toothache

I need temporary relief for a toothache until I can get to the dentist. Any help would be appreciated.

Donna from Sacramento, CA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You can either buy some "orajel" or pack your tooth with a "real" aspirin. Hope you feel better!

use hydrogen peroxide. just swish it around in your mouth a couple times a day (do not swallow). It will take away the infection and the toothache will go away

Bentonite clay is an unusual product but if you have it, mix it with water (1 tsp clay to 4 tsp water) and add a few drops of colloidal silver (another unusual product, I know). Swish this mixture in your mouth for at least 5 minutes, 2x daily. You should get relief within a day or two.

The clay has "drawing" properties to draw out the infection and the silver is an anti-bacterial. My husband has a hate-hate relationship with the dentist and this home remedy has saved him several times.

Naproxen (Aleve) Ibuprofen or generic versions are better than Tylenol for dental pain.

Go earthclinic.com has lots of remedies

A dentist told me to take Advil liquid gels, extra strength. Worked for me for several weeks, until I got the tooth pulled.

I suffered with tooth ache pain for years before I got my dentures. I never smoked a day in my life. However, when the pain was so bad, I took 3 or 4 drags of a cigarette and held it in my mouth for as long as I coudl before blowing it out.

There is something about the nicotine that makes it feel better. If you are not a smoker, rince your mouth out only after the pain has subsided. I hope this helps.

Another quick remedy is oil of cloves with a small piece of cotton to place it next to or inside the cavity. Good luck!

Use whole cloves. If there is a hole in the tooth, stick the whole clove in it for instant releif.

You can also rub oil of cloves on the gums.

If it's swollen, infected, use HOT, as hot as you can stand it water with salt in it. I've used that before and it usually will "break" out the swelling, you do have to repeat it sometimes.

Anbesol, you can buy it at WalMart if they have it in stock. I have used this product over the years and recommend it. Get extra strength if available in liquid, and apply it with your finger.

Ahhh! Something I can relate to for sure! ;)

I do two things:

First, capful of peroxide and equal amt of water. After brushing, swish around your mouth for as long as you can stand it. I try to keep it in there for 5 minutes myself. Morning and night.

Second, oregano oil capsules (Solgar makes them). You need to open the liquigel and put the oil directly on your gums where the ache is. It tastes awful but helps less the infection. I do this once a day. I forget where I read this but it does help me.

My dentist recommends 3 ADVIL tablets/capsules every 4 hours. Good luck!

IT WORKS!

(history)

Okies... Well a friend of mine was suffering from a horrible toothache and had no way to get any medication for it. She called me complaining and had not slept for quite sometime. Well all the old standards I knew about like liquor, oil of cloves, aspirin directly on the tooth etc, weren't available to her. I asked my 90 year old grandmother. She had read something in a 1920's local paper. Sounded nutty to me. But I told my friend about it. And what do you know . It actually worked and she went to sleep within 20 mins comfortably. It's totally natural.

(Remedy)

Take a raisin and split it open. Fill it with pepper. Place on the bad tooth or area where you are hurting and leave it there. Within 20 mins you should be feeling some relief. Don't thank god, Thank my grandma.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Man With Toothache
Home Remedies For Toothache
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJanuary 13, 2009
Inexpensive Couch
Inexpensive Furnishings for a Temporary Apartment
Temporary Tattoo
Making Temporary Tattoos
Temporary Dentures
Getting Temporary Dentures
A screen serving as a temporary door.
Installing a Temporary Door
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 28, 2016 at 6:10:17 AM on 10.0.0.118 in 494 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.