Remove Grease and Oil from Appliances

To remove fingerprints and smears and to shine kitchen appliances, make a mixture of half household vinegar and half water. Wipe over the dirty areas with an old, clean terry towel.

I use water and vinegar for all cleaning, a lot cheaper than the fancy products at the store and better for you!

By JodiT from Aurora, CO

I do exactly the same thing. Sometimes I using baking soda for tough jobs.

Marion NJ

for Stainless Steel specifically: WD-40! it cleans and shines. removes fingerprints. gives a beautiful luster. use on any surface that you're not going to eat off of. cheap and easy.

December 27, 2010 Flag

Use a spray bottle with straight white vinegar to clean greasy residue off appliances in your kitchen.

Answers:

Remove Grease and Oil from Appliances

Thanks for this tip! I had a mishap with grease while baking today. I was able to clean the bottom of my oven rather quickly after soaking it with white vinegar. I couldn't believe how easy the grease came off! (07/26/2007)

By gypsyartist

Remove Grease and Oil from Appliances

I use Lysol Disinfecting Wipes to clean the top and underside of my stove hood. It gets the greasy build up off with almost no elbow grease at all. I wipe them down every day, then once a week I use 409 and clean it good, then wipe it with a Lysol wipe again. Usually when I do this, the cloth I use the 409 with comes away clean because the Lysol wipes have kept it clean all week.

Also after cleaning my counters every night, I wipe them down with Lysol wipes too. Counters, tables, and appliances. Gets rid of germs and leaves a nice fresh smell in the kitchen. I also use them in the bathrooms too. (01/04/2010)

By Cricketnc

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Woman Cleaning Appliances
Cleaning Appliances
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesDecember 29, 2010
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
🎉
🎄