This is a novel way to give sports socks at Christmas time, using a pair of socks and a roll of toilet tissue.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes or less
- 1 pair white tube socks, either plain or with stripe around top
- 1 roll toilet tissue
- 2 black buttons with shanks for eyes
- red, pink, or orange button for nose
- 3 buttons for vest
- scrap of ribbon for scarf
- thread and needle
- Slip roll of toilet tissue down into very end of one of the tube socks.
- Roll up other sock and insert into first sock so that it sits on toilet tissue, forming snowman's head.
- Fold down top of tube sock to form stocking cap.
- Make "pompom" by tightening top using an elastic band or thread.
- Sew on eyes and nose, also three buttons down the front.
- Tie on a scrap of material or ribbon for the scarf. (If using plain white socks, a tiny sprig of holly fastened to the side of the stocking cap looks nice.)
By Preserver from Manitoba, Canada
November 26, 20100 found this helpful
Thank you for this idea. It's so cute! I think my mother will enjoy helping me to make these. She has Alzheimer's and I'm always looking for something we can do together.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 19, 2016 at 11:54:31 AM on 10.0.2.114 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us