Link: Temporary E-Mail Address

I recently read about a safe web site that issues a temporary valid e-mail address:

A temporary e-mail address prevents you from getting spam. Especially if you are not familiar with a new web site that requires your e-mail address. It allows the temporary address to be used for a number of days or a number of received messages. The address is then automatically deleted when the specific time is expired. If you do get spam, it will only last until the temporary address runs out.

I plan on using this when I request samples, non-essential information, or whenever I am not familiar with a web site. Do remember it is temporary and do not use it for something of importance.

Source: Kim Komando web site:

By mkymlp from NE PA / USA

Thanks. I heard about this but didn't know where to find it. This will sure help me out.

I have been doing this for years with AOL, which allows you 5 email addresses. I have separate ones for personal email as well as junk emails. The junk email account I use to order on line and sign up for newsletters, etc. After a while when the spam is taking over, I create another junk email address and do an update on anyone that is emailing me that I want to keep.

Then delete the original email account. What's great is that my personal account has only friends/family emails so they don't get cluttered up with anything else. Email addresses are all free now so you can do this with anyone, hotmail, google, msn, etc.

If you're sending an email requesting something, how do you change your email address?

Go to the web site and you can get a temporary e-mail address for as long as you request. Remember do not use this for anything that is important since it will not be a permanent e-mail address.

Computers SpamSeptember 8, 2010
A blank address book
Address Book Tips and Tricks
wisteria on chainlink fence
Dressing up a Chain Link Fence
Finding Free Address Labels
Finding Free Address Labels
Address Book on White Background
Other Uses for Address Books