Give Postage Stamps as Alternative to Funeral Flowers

After losing both my dad and younger brother within the last 2 years, I have an alternative gift suggestion to sending funeral flowers. We were blessed by family and friends with flowers, food, gifts, etc.

After things calmed down, we had lots of thank-you notes to write. One of our relatives gave us several books of postage stamps to cut the cost of sending out the notes. This was an extremely thoughtful gift and very practical too!

By Vicki -- Matt's Mom from Springfield, MO

That's a lovely idea and it's very thoughtful!

I lost my daddy, my God Daughter's father (who was a dear cousin), and a very good friend within nine months of one another. It was in the days before free long distance packages and a wonderful co-worker paid my phone bill for each month I lost a loved one so I could call and grieve with other long distance loved ones so I didn't have to worry about that expense. Another co-worker made sure I had hot meals for two or three days each time because they knew I wasn't up to preparing food let alone cooking.

I just lost my Dad three weeks ago, I wish someone gave me a gift like that. That is very helpful.

Kudos to you for thinking outside the box! Any gift idea that takes a financial burden off a loved one's shoulders gets a big "thumbs up" from me.

Holidays and Parties Gifts AdviceApril 30, 2010
Stamps and Colored Ink
Cleaning Foam Stamps
Pile of Colorful Rubberbands
Using Rubber Bands to Make Stamps
Postage Stamp
Saving Money on Postage Stamps
Homemade Postage Scale
Making a Homemade Postage Scale
🎄
🍂