Home Remedy For Scabies

For some time I have had a slight rash. It got bad enough to warrant a trip to the doctor. I found out that I had scabies. After countless shots and creams I still have the rash. Any good home remedies would be helpful.

Jerry from Simpsonville, SC

I feel a little uneasy posting this. But whenever I have had ringworm or scabies, I have washed the areas with diluted bleach, then treated it with the cream.

Be careful to avoid broken skin or get around the eyes.

I don't know if it would work for your problem, but I have found white vinegar useful in reducing itching.

My daughter was told by a family doctor that she had scabies and was given treatment that didn't work. Turns out, after a trip to the dermatologist, she does not have scabies, but a condition that simply required a change in bathing products. Wish I'd taken her to the dermatologist in the first place.

I also had the problem continue to recur. What Dr. neglected to tell me was to bomb the house. Bugs are in your bedsheets, etc and you'll need to bomb the house & wash sheets in hot water to get rid of the bugs. Then you'll be able to get rid of the rash.

We went through this when our daughter was in grade school. We bombed, we fogged, we sprayed and used Rx treatments to no avail. Our of desperation I washed everything in hot water & added vinegar in the fabric softener dispenser. I also used topical Tee Tree Oil and it cleared it up nicely.

Use over the counter lice shampoo and cover your whole body after your bath then next morning shower it off. One treatment should be all it takes. Of course all bedding must be washed also.

My son had scabies when he was a teenager. The prescription medication did not work for him. A friend that is an RN told him to do this. Wash all over and use a buff puff, then rub alcohol on the area. Yes, it stung like crazy but he was miserable from the itching and willing to try almost anything. It did work. I don't recommend it to anyone unless you understand that it is going to burn.

You may be getting reinfected.Do you have a dog?

You have to wash everything in very hot water.Any clothes that you have worn, too Good Luck

Treating Scabies
Health & Beauty Home RemediesOctober 14, 2008
Remedies for Static Hair
Remedies for Static Hair
Smelly Hands
Remedy for Smelly Hands
Beautiful woman with frizzy hair looking at her comb, with a pained expression
Remedies for Frizzy Hair
🎄