Clematis Won't Bloom

Why didn't my clematis bloom?

Sandy from Milwaukee, WI

I had one in place when we bought this house; and while it may have been in the sun when it was planted, it was now shaded. I moved it to full sun, and a rabbit promptly bit it off to the ground, so I figured it was done for! But it came back, bigger and better than ever, and the full sun did the trick--blooms like a champ! Be sure it gets lots and lots of sun.

I used flat rocks/tiles "tented" over the bottom of the plant to keep the roots cool and lots and lots of blooms were the result. Warm head and cold feet!