Clematis Won't Bloom

Why didn't my clematis bloom?

Sandy from Milwaukee, WI

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I had one in place when we bought this house; and while it may have been in the sun when it was planted, it was now shaded. I moved it to full sun, and a rabbit promptly bit it off to the ground, so I figured it was done for! But it came back, bigger and better than ever, and the full sun did the trick--blooms like a champ! Be sure it gets lots and lots of sun.

I used flat rocks/tiles "tented" over the bottom of the plant to keep the roots cool and lots and lots of blooms were the result. Warm head and cold feet!

Clematis
Clematis Not Blooming
Home and Garden Gardening FlowersOctober 21, 2008
Pink Christmas Cactus
Getting a Christmas Cactus to Bloom
Purple Clematis
Growing Clematis
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
Large Purple Clematis Flower
Pruning a Clematis
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 3:54:28 PM on 10.0.1.211 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.