Tips for a Weekend Trip to New York

My stepson is visiting from Melbourne AUS and we would like to take him on a weekend trip to New York. We would like to take the train into the city from a closer state and then see the sites. Where do we start? What about discount passes and walking tours? Where do we stay? I don't know where to start. Please help!

By Hello Lesa from Strasburg, PA

Contact AAA (Automobile Association of America) in your area. They could give you information about discount passes and walking tours.

I have two friends who visited New York City and stayed in hotels in Secaucus, New Jersey. Both felt it worked very well and they paid less than they would have in NYC. You can take a bus to Manhattan for $4.

You can read all about it at

http://www.usat  ey/secaucus.html

It also describes how to take a ferry.

Enjoy yourselves!

The last time I was in NYC I stayed in town. I took a bus tour that took me on the Staten Island Ferry, into Chinatown & Greenich Village & several other areas.I felt safer going in a group. If you want to go to see the Rockette's - I suggest calling about tickets months in advance, any reservations call for ahead of time. There are kiosks in town to buy theater tickets cheaply for that night's show. There are many deli's & fine restaurants - horse drawn carriages, etc. I would get in touch with NYC Department of Tourism & they can sned many things. Also, look for them online. I did take the train into the city & found it was very pleasant, but there can be a few rude people - they did serve alcohol & it got a little wild.

Travel and Recreation TravelSeptember 21, 2009
Teens Playing Volleyball
Weekend Activities for Teens
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
New York Christmas Charities
New York, New York
New York, NY Frugal Travel Guide
New York Cheesecake
New York Cheesecake Recipes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 12:10:25 AM on 10.0.1.80 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.