Recipes to Use Up Mushrooms

I have about 15 mushrooms that I need to eat or cook before they get bad in the next day or so. Does anyone have a simple recipe for Beef Stroganoff or simple stuffed mushrooms?

monnat96 from Pingree Grove, IL

SIMPLE STROGANOFF

Clean and slice mushrooms. Saute in a little oil. Remove from skillet. Brown 1 pound of sliced sirloin steak in remaining oil. Put mushrooms back in skillet along with 1 chopped onion and prepared mustard to taste(I use 1 tablespoon).Add 1 can beef broth. Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Mix in 1 cup room temperature sour cream. Cover and simmer another 15 minutes. Serve with wide egg noodles and beets.

Note: you can use any cut of beef for this but sirloin is traditional. For tougher cuts of beef you may have to increase cooking time.

You can slice and brown a pound of thinly slied beef or hamburger, drain and set aside, saute muhrooms sliced in a bit of oil, add the meat, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 can can of water, a half package of dry beefy mushroom soup mix, stir, then simmer on low for abou 20 minutes. Before serving , add about a half cup of sour cream and stir just till heated through. Serve over hot noodles! Yummy!

Brown a pound of beef sliced thin, or you can use ground beef. Set it aside after draining. Saute mushrooms for a few minutes, add meat, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, along with a half package of beefy onion dry soup mx. Place lid on skillet and simmer on low for about 20 minutes. Add about a half cup of sour cream, sit until heated through. Serve over hot cooked noodles. Yummy!

Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff

Cubed steak, enough to feed your family

2 TBS water

1 package DRY Liption onion soup mix

mushrooms

Cook for 6 hours on high or 8 hours on low

add 1 container sour cream

thicken with flour if necessary

serve over egg noodles

YUM! Even my kids love this one

My favorite way to use up mushrooms is to saute them in a little butter and then scramble a couple of eggs in a bowl and then pour them over the mushrooms to make sort of an omelet.

If they were mine, I'd slice and toss with some olive oil & garlic and saute on medium heat. Sounds yummy to me! This would make a nice snack or good with any meal.

Mushrooms that need to be used at once. Slice or dice and toss into a zip lock bag and toss into the freezer till your in the kitchen creating one of your hearty dishes.

Works for me every time. Oh YES! Don't forget those stems which have more flavor than the mushrooms. ENJOY!

I've tasted a vegetarian chopped Liver made from mushrooms, onions, seasoning and light mayo. Was different but good and tasty.

Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
Recipes Using Mushrooms
Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesJanuary 15, 2008
Freezing Mushrooms
Freezing Mushrooms
Large Jar of Canned Mushrooms
Canning Mushrooms
Mushrooms cooking in a skillet.
Sauteing Mushrooms
Small Pile of Button Mushrooms
Storing Mushrooms
🎄