Storing Crochet Patterns

I do a lot of crocheting. I put my patterns, graphs and charts in those plastic sheet protectors, then into a loose leaf binder. When I'm ready to crochet, I pull out the pattern I want, and have it right there with me while I'm working on the project. I don't have to worry about spilling anything on it (or my cat doing it for that matter!). I also use dry erase markers to keep my place or make notations when working on the pattern. When I'm done all I have to do is wipe off my marks!

By Irene from Ft. Lauderdale

This is a brilliant idea. Well worth it. I also do it if I'm on a diet and need access to lots of recipes quickly. Simple tip but effective. Can also be used with other 'regular' crafts or for crafts with children (or anything that's liable to get messy).

Blessings.

Jo

I like this idea too. I often write my knit lace instructions on a 4x6 card or piece of note paper and put it in a 6 x 6-1/2 ziplock bag. It fits nicely in a plastic bag with my project so I can take it all along.

That is a wonderful idea! Mind if I borrow it for my own collection of crochet patterns? I have found that they do tend to get ragged over time. God bless you!

This is truly a great way to keep your patterns. I have done this for a long time. As I had them ready and put away I came up with a different problem. How which binder did I put it into ? Thats when I started to seperate all the patterns I had, into doilies, purses, motifs, once you do this you'll find out you have more then you thought you had. This way when I'm looking for something special for the baby, or for some ones kitchen, I go to the binder that I have labled with white contact paper just what is in it. Right now I have 32 binders .... thats just my crocheted patterns. I wish I'd be as origanized with other things, but my patterns are treasures to me.

Organizing CraftsSeptember 12, 2007
Crochet Hat Patterns
Crochet Hat Patterns
Crochet Hook
Adapting Crochet Patterns For Dollhouses
Free Crochet Pattern
Finding Free Crochet Patterns
A person crocheting a pink baby blanket.
Finding Time to Crochet
🎄