Penny Pincher Graduation Gift

It's graduation time, and I found out in the last minute that my niece was graduating and wanted us to come. A gift was in order but the budget was not!

So I put together a metallic gift bag, on hand from my collection (gotten at a yard sale!). I filled it with tissue paper (99 Cent store) I had stashed and put in a book on colleges I had meant to give her and a book on English usage I had gotten a while ago for gift purposes. I added a ring I had, in a little decorative box, and an Armenian necklace I picked up at a folk faire! (And I put in a card from my card collection and wrote Happy Graduation in calligraphy).

Total outlay $20 for necklace, everything else was on hand, and I made a gift tag out of a promotional tag for Star Wars that came in with the newspaper (I covered the side with ads with white sticky labels and wrote her name on it). And it was all color coordinated, white and red! Hoorah! The penny pincher pulls it off again!

By Pamphyila from Los Angeles

If your niece is a "nice," gracious, etc. young lady, she will appreciate ANYTHING that you got her, or even nothing at all if you cannot afford to give her anything. Your presence at the graduation and after party is all the presents she should want. There is something VERY WRONG when anyone EXPECTS someone else to GIVE them anything, ever!

I could tell from your gift that you did put a lot of thought into the gift for her. $20.00 is a lot for me to spend.

I know how tight money can be. How about a nice frame from the Dollar store and find a nice poem or picture on the internet and frame that. Something that would match her personality. If you don't have a printer you can go to your local library and print something off. She can hang it up and it will be a nice reminder of you.Put in in a $1.00 bag from the Dollar store. I'm sure you will come up with a nice gift. It is the thought that counts, not the price.

Graduation Gift
Frugal Graduation Gift Ideas
Holidays and Parties Gifts GraduationJune 6, 2007
8th Graders
8th Grade Graduation Party Ideas
Mini Graduation Cap
Making Mini Graduation Cap Party Favors
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes