Lemon Juice for Mold and Mildew

If you boil something in lemon juice does it work to get rid of mold and mildew? Is that true? Also, can you take lemon juice in a spray bottle and a hair dryer to the canvas of a pop up camper to get rid of the mold and mildew? i need tips on how to get rid of it quickly so i can sell the pop-up. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Nena from Bradford, AR

You know, one of my favorite shows is "How Clean Is Your House?" Though it ends up like a commercial sometimes! They took a laboratory sample of dust on a ceiling fan (never cleaned of course) and it came back positive with penicillin mold, which can lead to lung cancer from inhaling! They suggested the lemon juice spray, I believe it was 1:1 warm/hot water and lemon. And you know, it is great for sore throats (bacterial) so I would boil and cool down the water to add to lemon and test it, your spray bottle could explode if it is too hot!

Hi When I was a carnival worker we had a large canvas top that went on our hotdog stand. One week after tearing it down in the rain and putting it in the truck wet it got mildew from setting 3 days wet and folded, my boss had me rub all the mildew with fresh lemons cut in half, then wash the tarp with car wash soap and water, rinse really well. I worked for them for 6 years and continued to use the same canvas top there was never no fading or anything. Hope this can work for you. Good Luck

Cinnamon oil. The stuff is expensive, but powerful. If you can figure out a way to spray a thin layer on the canvas, it will totally destroy any mold and leave everything smelling strongly of cinnamon.

Bottle of lemon juice and a cut lemon
Cleaning With Lemon Juice
Home and Garden Cleaning MoldMay 9, 2006
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats