Ice Cream Maker Reviews

Does anyone have any help for buying an ice cream maker? Has anyone had a good one or a bad one? I'm tired of trying to read up on them.

Trish from Cotageville, SC

yes we have an electric one that uses the ice and salt and it works great. the ice cream takes about 15 to 20 minutes.

I've had a few over the years, different brands, the type where you add ice and salt. They work well. I just make so much I burn out the motors every couple of years. But they do work great. How long it takes to freeze the ice cream depends largely on the salt to ice ratio. The longer you take to freeze it, the creamier it will be. Shorter freezing times result in icier, granier textures. Try it - it's fun!

Mine is a "White Mountain" hand crank. It makes really good ice cream. Having to work for it by cranking makes it taste even better. It's a treat for kids to help crank and then enjoy the fruit of their labor.

Consumer AdviceApril 22, 2006
Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice