BathroomDecorating

Bathroom Paint Color Advice to Coordinate with Black and Gold Tiles

I have gold tiles with black border tiles in my bathroom. What color paint should I use on the walls above the tiles?

By Janet from Amityville, NY

Am wondering what color is the flooring? Not knowing, I would say use white or a color that is in the flooring to pull it altogether.

Red! Or at least red accents.

Make a sample board with all the colors already in there. Use poster board, so it's big enough to really see how the colors work together. Make smaller sheets of the colors you're considering, and rotate them on the larger board. Also, look at them at different times of the day. In bright daylight, it might look okay, but not on a cloudy day or at night. So many questions, does the bathroom have a window? Could change the color choice, don't want a dark, dungeon-like room in the morning. Who uses the bathroom, family or guests? You'd want it to flow with the rest of your house too. One show I saw on HGTV, a special paint was used on the tiles to change the color. Something else to consider. Change it to what you want.

Thank you for your advice. The floor is retro tile small squares in white, beige and a slightly rust shade. I really want to introduce a color on the walls. I don't want a neutral look. I was thinking of brown, rust, terracota or something else.