Store Sheets Inside Pillowcases

contest winner icon

This tip will save you looking for a matching bottom and top sheet with matching pillowcases. Put folded sheets and one of the pillowcases inside the other pillowcase. Next, place a used dryer sheet inside and it will keep them smelling sweet. Everything can be stored neatly in its own case! No more hunting for a matching set. Saves time and the sheets smells fresh because of the dryer sheet!

By Dwedenoja from New Creek, WV

I have seen this tip around for years but never did it. So, of course this one is the one that counted for me. I'm happy you won.

I follow this tip and think it is a winner! Thanks. It sure works for me.

Well, I'd never heard that tip of putting the folded sheets into one pillow case to keep the set in one place, and in reading this for the first time today, I too think that's a brilliant idea!

Thank you.

Sounds like a good idea if you want your sheets to be a matching set. I like the idea of the dryer sheet too for the scent. I sometimes spray some body spray on mine for smell too. Or have used a room freshener on the sheets too. I read long time ago that if you are moving to a new home place a set of sheets, blanket & pillows in your dryer or washer. Then they will be handy to get to to make your bed for the 1st nite.

This is a fantastic idea. I have been keeping house for almost 60 years. Why didn't you tell us this before? :)

I have heard this a lot the last 5 or 6 years and a lot of people seem to like the idea but I get creeped out every time I hear it.

First, I simply could not put my head on a pillowcase that has been touched by others. Also the pillowcase will be wrinkled and could actually become soiled and dusty if not used right away.

Second I am over 60 and as a girl I was taught to put my sheets in sets. I thought everyone was.

Fold the top sheet down to about 2ft x 3ft and lay it flat. Fold the bottom sheet to about the same size and lay it on top of the bottom sheet. Fold the pillowcases 3 times across the top opening and lay them on top of the sheets along the long side. Now one fold from top to bottom and two from side to side and you have a set.

Third I have worked for 4 hotel chains over the years and they fold their sheets and pillowcases together in sets like I mentioned above. I would say it is the most efficient way to keep them. It puts the top sheet on the outside and that is the least likely to actually touch your body or get near your face if it does get handled or dusty.

As for the dryer sheet. Nice idea for your personal sheets but if you have sheets for a guest bedroom I would leave it out. Your guests may have allergies and cannot handle the fragrance. Or you might leave a few sets unscented for when someone gets ill and is sensitive to smells.

This is a great idea, I plan on trying it.

Love doing this! I hadn't thought about it before, but when I followed your tip. I turned the pillowcase 'inside-out' so the side touching your face is kept clean, place the neatly folded sheet set into the very back, then neatly folded the loose end of the pillowcase inside itself! No wrinkles! Love it! Thank-you!

I think this is a great idea! I'm going to do it. I don't use dryer sheets, but my favorite scent on a cotton ball should work just fine.

March 3, 2010 Flag

Having problems keeping up with a set of bed linens? I fold and put everything in one pillowcase. It is so easy and fast to find everything in the closet.

By Snoopy4500 from Myrtle Beach, SC

Answers:

Store Sheets Inside Pillowcases

Great idea! (07/24/2009)

By Ginger B'eer

Store Sheets Inside Pillowcases

I never store sheets! Years ago I decided that I really only need one set of sheets per bed. (and, we have 5 bedrooms and 5 beds!)

So, there is just one set of sheets per bed. When they are washed, the bed is stripped, washed, dried, and put immediately back on the bed! Saves on storage, and really just makes it easier in the end. (who can fold a fitted sheet anyway?)

Also, every bed in our house is a different size (except for 2 twins on a daybed/trundle combo) so, having a bunch of different sheets for each bed would be a waste of money.

Sheets last about 2 or 3 years. so, when they are worn out, I just buy new! Also, because I only buy 1 set of sheets, I buy the very best quality with the highest thread count that I can find. They feel like butter and just get softer with each washing! (I have one set, for my queen bed, that is 4 or 5 years old, and they are as soft as a baby blanket. It is in a guest room, and everyone just loves them!) (07/25/2009)

By stephljones

July 22, 2009 Flag

When doing the laundry, I put my sheet sets inside one of the pillow cases that go with that set. When going through the linen closet all I have to do is grab the set I want and it's all together in the pillow case. No more wondering where that other sheet or pillow case is.

By Fara from Wareham MA

Answers:

Keeping Bed Linens with the Rest of the Set

What a brilliant idea. I'm doing my sets of linens tomorrow! Thanks (03/28/2006)

By Brenda

That is Brilliant! Just Brilliant! (03/29/2006)

By Ann

Why Fara, that was such a great idea.I was folding my pillow cases together so I wouldn't lose one but you've went one step further and I thank you. Jackie (03/30/2006)

By Greeneyesmom

Now that is one of the smartest ideas I have ever heard! What a great solution to a big problem that I have! (10/29/2008)

By hostapartyonline

July 22, 2009 Flag

When I fold sheets, I place one pillowcase between the two folded sheets. I then place that inside the second pillowcase. Very neat and easy to stack. No more looking for the pillow cases, or sheets sliding around in the linen closet.

By Barb from Hillsboro, Oregon

Answers:

Store Sheets Inside Pillowcases

I usually put the pillowcases between the sheets, but this is better. Thanks for the great idea! (08/04/2008)

By Maryeileen

Store Sheets Inside Pillowcases

Great idea! Now how do you keep the 3 year old from dragging all of the stuff out of the linen closet? (08/05/2008)

By Ashley

Storing Sheets Inside Pillowcases
Storing Sheets Inside Pillowcases
Organizing LinensMarch 10, 2010
Fitted Sheet
Making Fitted Sheets
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Woman holding linens in front of linen closet.
Organizing Your Linen Closet
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch
🎉
🎄