Use a Spoon to Peel Eggs

An easy way I have found to peel hard boiled eggs, is with a teaspoon. Hard boil your eggs whatever way that works for you. I crack the shells then use the spoon to peel the eggs. The freshness of the eggs will determine how easy they peel. The fresher the egg, the harder to peel. I dip my spoon in water or spray Pam on the spoon if the eggs are harder to peel.

By Sweetie from Green Cove Springs, FL

I'll have to try that method. Sounds easier. Thanks! I roll mine allover the counter top to crush the complete shell which makes it easy to get the whole shell off faster.

After the eggs are boiled I crack them with a big spoon handle while in hot water. Let them stay in water till ready to eat, they are easy to peel, good luck.

I tried this and it worked very well - thank you for the idea!

My mom showed me a way for boiled eggs many years ago. She would cut the cooled boiled egg in 1/2 with a sharp knife. And just run a spoon along the inner edge, and "scoop" the egg out onto our plate. Was a very fast process. And with hungry kids that helps. I do it this way also for egg salad, because it "speeds up" the process. Faster & easier.

Two brown eggs, one peeled part way, on white background.
Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs
Food and Recipes Food Tips EggsFebruary 7, 2009
Two avocados, one cut in half with the seed inside.
Peeling an Avocado
Scrambled eggs are too watery.
Watery Scrambled Eggs
Peeling Potatoes
Peeling Potatoes
coke bottle spoon rest
Spoon Rest Ideas