A New Kind of Vegetable Peeler

I used to use a regular standard potato peeler for taking the skins off fruits and veggies. If I had many to do, I'd always get a blister below my index finger. A pal suggested that I go to a kitchen store and request a potato peeler shaped like a elongated triangle (weird shape for a peeler, but the blade is at the top of short end), small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and it's got a miniature grater on the rounded top side portion of the peeler. I did and it's the best thing! It was not expensive at all, it's all metal and best of all, it doesn't give me any blisters if I have many veggies and or fruits to peel.

By Terri from Pahrump, NV

Hi Terri.....what brand is your peeler-grater? I haven't seen one like that...sounds great!!!

Thanks Terri!

I have never heard of a triangular peeler. Can't wait to try one. I need a new one.

Jennifer CA

Sorry, ladies, I didn't keep the card that the veggie peeler came on. It doesn't have a brand name on it anywhere. But I do remember the kitchen shop that I got it from, it's called "Kitchen Collections". I liked this peeler so well that I went back and bought a 2nd one, shortly after getting the first one.

Potato Peeler With Potatoes
Peeling Vegetables
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsOctober 20, 2005
items outside a second hand store
Investing in Antiques
A bowl of fresh vegetable soup.
Making Vegetable Broth
Watering plants in a vegetable garden.
Troubleshooting Your Vegetable Garden
Potato Peeler
Other Uses for Potato Peelers
🎉
🎄