Sweet 16 Party for a Boy

I need help with some party ideas for my son that is turning 16 in February. He says sweet 16 parties are not just for girls. My problem is I have no ideas and every party we have tried to give him no one shows up for it.

annmariereinig from Beaverton, MI

Have you asked you son for input on things he likes? If no one shows up for the parties in the past maybe it would be wise just to let him invite a couple of friends to go out and do something fun. Extreme bowling and laser tag are both really fun.

I hired a DJ for my daughters 16th birthday. We had over 40 kids in our house. I made appetizers, her favorite cake and soda. To break the ice her little 5 yr old sister and friend danced the macarana. After that everyone was dancing. Every one including the boys had a great time.

Both my boys wanted the same type of party when they turned 16...Paintball. We have a local place that sits on about 5 acres and they were allowed to bring 5 friends and spend the afternoon playing on the paintball course. They also had a party/game room that was ready for them to chow down in once they were through playing.

i have never heard of a sweet 16 for a boy. But I am wondering about your last sentence. Why has no one ever shown up? just a thought.

I had a "sweet" 16 party for my son. We live in a warmer climate, but we had a DJ set up in our garage, and dug a firepit and put haybales around it - a safe distance away, of course - for them to sit around. We had soft drinks in a big cooler on ice, food on tables in the garage, and the basketball goal was also right there for them to play - guys and girls! They all seemed to have a good time, I didn't do a lot of decorating because it was more "rustic", and his younger brother wanted one just like it when he turned 16! Good Luck!!

Our young teens & their friends, a mix of boys & girls, enjoyed being taken out to dinner at a nicer (not extravagant) restaurant of the birthday kid's choosing. The teens sat at their own table & had a really nice time. The idea came from the birthday girl herself & they all had fun, under the supervision of her parents from another table. This may not sound thrifty. You must compare the cost of the restaurant against anything else you would do to see if it works for you. Another thing they like is for the birthday kid & some good friends to be treated to a movie & perhaps pizza before or after at the host's house, or go to a fast food restaurant.

The paint ball, bowling, laser gun, arcade, obstacle course, Scavenger Hunt, sounds like he'd get more to accept, if he has friends he hasn't turned off for any reason. A suggestion: Make a concerted effort to encourage him to read library or church library books on how to win friends, making certain it's on his level, full of visual pages, and discuss with him how you have made friends in the past.

Often it's because they want to do things he doesn't or vice versa, as you know. It's acceptable to invite only a few and have an "sleep-over/steak night" with balloons filled with dollars hanging from the top edges of the ceiling by tacks in the stems, complete with streamers and a nice original cake or giant oatmeal pizza. Guys love Pizza, so if not a full meal, go for drinks, chip/dips, pizzas and clear out a room. They can call their own for a night, with you disappearing for the most part, checking only a few times throughout the evening. You could offer BIG BREAKFAST for the BIG GUY, complete with big sliced fried potatoes, TEXAS Toast (thick slices), diagonally sliced Kielbasa Sausage, and scrambled eggs, with Hot Chocolate galore and even coffee since they're "Older" then.

Going to the rifle/pistol range, is good for that age if Dad can supervise and there is permission from parents. If you know of anyone with a farm and an ATV or two to rent, take a few friends there. Teen boys love those things. Don't even SUGGEST that anything's "sweet", because being a sixteen year old boy in this generation is just short of Romeo's rage, along with a lot of moral confusion to boot. Mix it up, get input from the son but encourage him in the way he should go, not just any old way. After all, you're the steward/parent God chose

to raise him, right? God bless, encourage, and help you. : )

I am looking for a boy who is ready to be 16 but he didn't want this big party just wants friends over.

What do I do?

If he is still having trouble making friends, try having posters placed around school for a summer party and go all out.

My 16th birthday is coming up soon in October but I don't know what to do I want 20 people to my birthday but we have a small house and low on funds please help I want it to be fun

16th birthday cake.
16th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayJanuary 16, 2008
A boy scout looking at a compass.
Organizing Tips for Parents of Boy Scouts
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Harry Potter Costume
Making an Optimus Prime Costume (The Transformers)
🎉
🎄