Wedding Reception Locations in San Jose, CA

I am looking to get married in May of 2008. Does anyone know of any reception areas which of course aren't expensive? I would rather a reception outside but more then anything something within budget and I'm talking like waaaaay good priced.

Thanks,
Tiffany from San Jose, CA

My husband and I had our reception at the Saratoga Foothill club. It was $1000, which may sound like a LOT. However, after looking into just about EVERYWHERE else, it was the cheapest we could find.

Yep, we live in a high priced are for just about anything and you have to be careful that you don't have your guests driving all over town just to save a few bucks. It depends on how fancy/not fancy you want to be. Parks vs' halls etc. Good luck and remember, it doesn't have to be fancy to be fun!

I went through the same thing 2 years ago this past June. I finally had it in our back yard and it was so gorgeous and everyone had such a wonderful time. If you cannot do this, maybe look into asking a friend or relative to donate their yard.

I am actually planning my wedding for somewhere either in san jose or the east bay, also in 2008! I found it pretty affordable to look into community centers in the area. Saratoga community/senior center rents for about $110 an hour, which may seem like alot, but considering that most receptions only last about 5-6 hours, this is actually a pretty cheap option. You'd have to bring in your own caterer of course. Look into Panetta's catering or Caterman catering for cheap catering options.

Also, are you registered for the knot.com? This is a free wedding resource website that is great!!!

Hope this helps!

Check into www.freedomhall.com. They have some great prices for the entire package, especially if you are flexible on the day/time. Also check out www.herecomestheguide.com. I found alot of places on that site that I didn't see anywhere else. Congratulations and good luck. P.S. I love planning parties/wedding and yes on a budget so if you have any other questions feel free to email me at shelley AT tipprealty.com

my nephew was on a tight budget when he got married. we had the wedding at a local park that we had been to several times for b-days. it had a covered pavillen for the cake and food, there was also 6 picn ic tables next to the water. they got married on a covered gazebo that only the wedding party fit on. the guests stood behind them on leadoffs of the pier. the breeze was small and it made the water ripple, and we only used big white bows with long streamers that was blowing in the breeze. it was beautiful, they got married in the afternoon but a sunset wedding would be awesome. afterwards we cleaned up and the price was 0, it was a puplic park. best wishes, barbara

The banquet rooms at the Three Flames Restaurant on Meridian Ave in San Jose have just been re-done and are beautiful now - PLUS, they don't charge for the room, (just the food) so it's a very cost-effective alternative, especially if you want something indoors and with waiters to serve you.

I got married in April 2006, my reception was very nice and nicely priced. I myself was on a budget. I recommend The Clarion Hotel, here in San Jose, its on fourth street. It Included a free night for the couple, 2 main entrees, beverages, linen, ect.. check it out.

www.clarionsj.com

http://www.clarionsj.com/html/din1_big.html

Weddings ReceptionJuly 10, 2007
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Wedding Punch Recipes
Candle centerpiece at a wedding.
Wedding Candle Centerpiece Ideas
Coffee and dessert reception.
Coffee and Dessert Wedding Reception Ideas
🎉
🎄