Linens and BlanketsCleaning

Stains on Stored Linens

Does anyone know how to remove an unknown type of stain. I stored a bedspread, sham and curtains that I made for my youngest child almost 18 years ago in one of those plastic bags that bedspreads come in. I took it out and where the items were folded there are yellow stains all down the fold. The bedspread has large spots. The bedspread/sham fabric is quilted cotton, I have tried soaking overnight in Biz, OxiClean, Clorox 2 and no luck. Appreciate any assistance.

Elizabeth from Lafayette, LA

hang out doors on lineslines or better yet lay on ground sun should take out stains unless they have been dried in dryer

I have had good luck using a much stronger solution of Oxi-Clean, than is recommended on the container, for removing stains...AND I have let the fabric sit in the solution, for as long as a week! I have never had a stain, I could not remove, using this method...