Will EVA Foam Mat Damage Vinyl Flooring?

I installed new vinyl flooring in my kitchen and could not find matching throw rugs until I found a gray EVA foam mat. I plan to cut the mat to the desired size. Will the EVA foam hurt my new flooring over time?

By Mary Jo

I am not certain if the foam backed rug I once had was the same foam backed rug you are talking about or not but over time, when the rug/foam got wet from spills the foam disintegrated and stuck to the vinyl when it dried. It came off with soaking with water and scraping with a spatula but it was a pain in the hinny. The no slip rug I have at my kitchen sink now has more of a rubber rather than foam type backing and I no longer have problems.

One other thing to keep in mind is that chemicals from certain types of materials can discolor vinyl flooring. If it were me I would contact the vinyl manufacturer to double check and be sure to get the answer in writing. ;-)

Consumer Advice General AdviceJune 23, 2010
Purple Yoga Mat
Cleaning a Yoga Mat
Stamps and Colored Ink
Cleaning Foam Stamps
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
Bathroom with vinyl flooring.
Removing Stains on Vinyl and Linoleum Flooring