Septic Tank Safe Cleaners

What can I use to clean the toilet tanks? Right now they look black stained. I recently put in a water filtration system and expected to see clear water in my toilet tanks. Instead whenever I open the toilet tanks it is all black. I have a septic system, so I don't want to use anything that will cause a problem with the septic system. Any help would be appreciated.

By FRizzelli from Brookfield, MA

The water that comes into the house is dispersed to all outlets, the sink, shower, toilet. If the water is not black in the kitchen or bathroom sinks then I don't think the water in the toilet tank is black either. When I took the top of the toilet tank off my tank to insulate the inside of the tank I also noticed black mold on the walls which made the water look black.

I took the tank off the toilet, took it outside and cleaned the tank with bleach. I then insulated the inside of the tank and replaced the tank. If you think the water is black and not from mold on the inside of the tank I suggest you scoop out a glass of water from the tank and hold it up to the light and see what the color of the water or when you flush the toilet look and see if the water is black or clear.

You can use "The Works" which is septic safe and does a great job!

Septic Safe Cleaners
Septic Safe Cleaners
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJune 8, 2009
Rid-Ex Alternative
Rid-Ex Alternatives for Your Septic Tank
clogged toilet
Unclogging a Drain or Toilet Attached to a Septic System
Planting Near Septic System
Planting Trees and Shrubs Near a Septic System
Safe Toilet Paper for Septic Tanks
Toilet Paper Advice for Septic Tanks