Storing Cakes

A few years ago, a dear pal baked us a cake. It was a very, very moist cake... She didn't say how long it would keep for or if I should freeze it or refrigerate it. I guess she thought I'd know. I put it in an air tight container. In 2 days, the cake was soured and moldy. So learn from my mistake and keep out just enough that you think you'll be able to eat for your next meal. Put the rest in serving sizes in the freezer, till ready to use.

By Terri from NV

I used my Food Saver system (crush proof) to vacume seal my birthday cake left overs that was sent to me from out of town, placed it in the freezer & a year later, took it out, let it defrost & enjoyed it again. It was still delicious & fresh tasting as the day that I got it.

Most cakes don't last here because they are so rare nowadays. However, I realized that any cake that calls itself a "creame cake" or a "Creme Cheese"

cake seems to mold almost overnight, as if put on grocery shelf old or something? No, I believe the natural tendancy for cheese to mold is the reasoning, especially when mixed with sugar/fruit/etc..

I have such a small freezer space, now that my double-door fridge finally died, replaced with an older styled refrig. by charity and the grace of God, for which I am deeply grateful, that I have no

room for treats/snacks or much of anything but basic

food sale items/charity foods.

This smaller fridge is also by the grace of God because we appreciate occasional sweets MUCH more now, AND didn't need the sugar we'd been consuming. It keeps me from being the "heavy" in more ways than one. LOL

God bless mothers who care about their families enough to stay alert, inquire, and act upon the better

information they receive. : )

Keeping Cakes Fresh
Keeping Cakes Fresh
Food and Recipes Freezing DessertsOctober 3, 2006
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
A beach towel wedding cake.
Making a Towel Wedding Cake
Fondant cake.
Decorating Cakes With Fondant
Thomas the Tank Cake
Making Character Cakes