Every Little Bit Counts, Of Spinach That Is

I keep a bag of fresh spinach on hand and add a leaf to top a cracker with a smidgin of cream cheese, crumble it in scrambled eggs, add it in my spaghetti sauce, under a slice of cheese on cheese toast, layer it under black beans and cheese on nacho chips before microwaving, and of course, use it in sandwiches. This helps me get the calcium and vitamins that spinach provides in an inexpensive way.

By Lillian T.

I also like to tear up the spinach and add it to tossed salads. All nutrients are retained, and it doesn't change the taste of the salad at all.

Spinach Leaves
Cooking With Spinach
Food and Recipes Food Tips VegetablesFebruary 6, 2005
Fava Bean Puree with Spinach Topping
Recipes Using Spinach
Spinach Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Cooked Spinach Recipes
Cooked Spinach Recipes
Freezing Spinach
Freezing Spinach