Bread MachineBreads

Gifts Made With a Bread Maker

I've just been given a bread maker and I was wondering if anyone had any good food gift recipes I can make with it. I've found tons of break maker recipes online, but I'd like to have some from people who have actually made them and who think they're good enough to give as gifts. Thanks so much!

Trix from Toronto, Canada

I don't happen to own a bread maker myself, but found a website with lots of recipes, which can be given away as gifts during the holidays.

http://www.brea  recipes-list.htm

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but I have made this several times with and without the olives. But as with all bread that I make in the breadmaker I set it on "dough" cycle, pull it out, shape into a loaf and then let it raise and bake in a regular oven. So much better that way than when you bake it in the breadmaker. Most of the work of the mixing is done with the breadmaker by using this method as far as I am concerned. I think if you use the olives, it needs more than 1/2 cup (just my opinion) I got this from allrecipes.com. Here is the link.

http://allrecip  read/Detail.aspx

Another one that is so good is also from Allrecipes and is called "Honey of An Oatmeal Bread".

I buy bread mixes from www.preparedpantry.com I especially like the monkey bread! Also the Sally Lunn bread is a soft egg dough that my family loves.

I've made (and given) loaves of Cherry Breakfast Bread. Take a regular box of bread making mix for a white loaf and to it I added a small jar of maraschino cherries (with juice), and pecans (or whatever nuts you wish). When it mixes, everything gets chopped up nicely and when it is baked and sliced, it is a very pretty pink bread. Lovely for breakfast!!

I find I can adjust any recipe basically for the bread machine. I don't do quick breads, as they don't need the kneading that yeast breads do. The less a non yeast bread is beaten, the better it is. Yeast bread depends on the gluten to "work" in the flour, etc. If you want to email me, I have most of my recipes in my computer to email. That way you can pick and choose what sounds good.

Some tricks are instead of dry milk (and water) used, use fresh milk. I use olive oil instead of regular oil, most sweet doughs call for butter and milk. Use them. The dough can change from being soft and fluffy, to being light and durable (pizza crust, bread stix and french bread.)

Don't be afraid to add spices, dry herbs, etc. I soak the dry herbs, in 1 tsp of olive oil--before adding.

So many regular doughs and "sweet doughs" depending on what you want to make. They are are great gifts for those who "can't".

I do not bake mine in my bread machine, I do dough cycles only. My kids (sons) all learned to bake bread this way.

jnokleby@info-link.net

Lots of blue ribbon recipes.

I make bread for my grown kids often. They love the winter because I make it more. I make sausage cheese bread and Jalapeño cheese bread. I have no certain measurements just add what i want. I cook my sausage and let it drain good on a paper towel and about 8oz. Of grated cheese. I add this when the beeper goes off to add ingredients. I have several friends I give this to also. Wrap in saran wrap and a pretty bow. Hope this helps.