Use Brake Fluid To Prevent Auto Doors from Freezing

Here's a tip to prevent your auto doors from freezing to the door molding. If you park in the driveway during the freezing weather and in the morning you find the door frozen/stuck to the molding, try this. Put a light application (small sponge) of brake fluid on the molding. Brake fluid will not freeze and also preserves rubber. Don't get it on the paint. Glycerin also works.

By Cajun62234 from Collinsville, IL

Thanks loads for the tip. I live in south Georgia, so I don't need it personally; however, I copied and sent it to my niece who lives in New Hampshire. Thanks for sharing and God bless you.

Preparing Your Car for Winter, Young man putting snow chains on his car tire
Preparing Your Car for Winter
Consumer Advice Cars Winter DrivingMarch 26, 2008
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
changing break pads
Removing Brake Dust from Clothing
Thief Breaking into Car
Preventing Auto Theft
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid