Easy Caramel Pie

This recipe will blow your mind! Take the labels offs off 2 (14 oz) cans of sweetened condensed milk and boil (in the unopened cans) for 3 hours, turning every 1/2 hour. You may have to add more hot water as it cooks so the cans stay under the water. Turn heat off, let sit 2 hours. Open cans and add into pie crust of your liking. Toss it in the fridge until cool. Top with whipped cream. You can add toffee bits and dark chocolate chips if you like for an extra treat!

Source: A friend gave this to me. And it's delicious.

I made something like this years ago when I used to eat dairy and it was called it Banoffee Pie. You line the bottom with bananas first and just use one can of Condensed Milk. It was delicious!! Thanks for sharing!

Dulce de leche (which is what you make when you boil cans of condensed milk) probably shouldn't be a stand-alone product. It's more appropriate as a topping or a sauce. Unless, I suppose, you're really interested in painfully sweet things and developing diabetes.

I have read that it is dangerous to cook the condensed milk in an unopened can. The heat can build up pressure inside the can and explode.

I remember my Mom making an angle food cake and then boiling a can of sweetened condensed milk for a long time. She would then pour this over the cake. It was delicious. She did this for my birthday. I don't think I've had this in at least 55 or more years. I guess I'll have to make some now that I have the recipe. Thanks.

WI judy