Chocolate Roll Cake

I have misplaced my Chocolate Roll Cake recipe. I have surfed different web sites and none of the recipes sound familiar. My recipe used a cream cheese filling. Does anyone have this recipe? Thanks for your help.

Mike from PA

I hope this helps!

Chocolate Cream Cheese Log

Serves 12

1/2 cup unbleached white flour

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa

1 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

4 eggs, whites and yolks separated

1 tsp vanilla

3/4 cup unbleached evaporated cane juice sugar, divided

Cream Cheese Filling

16 oz organic cream cheese, very soft

1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar, more or less to taste

1/4 tsp mint extract (optional) OR 1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Line a jelly roll pan (15x10x1-inch) with natural wax paper and spray it with canola oil cooking spray. Be sure to spray up the sides of the pan as well. Set aside.

Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, beat yolks and vanilla at high speed with an electric mixer for 3 minutes or until thickened and light in color. Gradually beat in 6 tablespoons of the cane sugar.

In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites to form soft peaks. Gradually add the remaining 6 tablespoons of the cane sugar to form stiff peaks. Gently fold yolk mixture into the egg whites. Add the flour mixture and gently fold in. Spread the batter onto the prepared pan.

Bake for 15 minutes or until done when tested with a toothpick. Let the cake sit in the pan for 5 minutes then using a knife, loosen the sides of the cake from the pan and transfer the cake onto a clean surface. A counter will do. Starting from the long end, gently roll the cake up, leaving the wax paper intact. You will have a 15" long roll at this point. Let it sit for 5 minutes rolled up.

Blend all cream cheese filling ingredients together. Unroll the cake and spread with the cream cheese filling. Spread filling to ends of cake.

Carefully re-roll the cake into a Yule Log, this time peeling off the wax paper. Cut the cake in half. Sprinkle with powdered sugar for garnish.

To serve, slice the cake and put servings on plates.

Nutrition Info

Per Serving (119g-wt.): 270 calories (140 from fat), 15g total fat, 9g saturated fat, 6g protein, 28g total carbohydrate (3g dietary fiber, 19g sugar), 110mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium

Hey there Mike ~ how does this sound to you ~

1 Devils Food pudding cake mix

3 eggs

1/3 c. oil

1 c. water

8 oz. cream cheese, softened

2 tbsp. butter

1/4 c. sugar

1 tbsp. cornstarch

1 egg

2 tbsp. milk

1/2 tsp. vanilla

1 lb. powdered sugar

8 oz. cream cheese, softened

6 tbsp. butter

2 tsp. vanilla

Prepare cake mix, pour 1/2 of batter in greased and floured 9 x 13 inch pan. Blend filling ingredients until smooth and creamy. Spread filling over cake batter. Pour in remaining cake batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Cool completely. Prepare icing and spread on cooled cake. Keep cake in refrigerator.

Googled and got this easy one from

Hope this helps you. Enjoy and do me a favor, send a slice my way! ~ Holly in Ga.

Mike...I found this one on Epicurious...just check out cream cheese filling recipe, or use one from a cheesecake recipe, check out for that one....

Hope this helps you buddy~ and now, this time, I really hope you can salvage a slice for me~ Holly :o)

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cakes ChocolateJuly 11, 2007
Chocolate Rolls Recipes
Chocolate Rolls Recipes
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Swiss Roll Cake
Swiss Roll Cake Recipes
Chocolate fondue
Chocolate Fondue Recipes