Plastic Bag To Remember Where You Parked

I can quickly locate my car in a parking area by tying a plastic bag to the top of my mini van. I recycle the bags that come with purchases and cut them into strips (like ribbon) then I make a bow out of them, and attach to the top of my van. They are easily seen. They hold up very well to wind, snow, rain and cold.

They don't damage the paint. I change them with the holidays, orange for fall, red for Christmas and Valentine's Day and green for St Patty's Day. Just throw them away when they are looking tacky or it is time to change. An added benefit when meeting someone in a public place, just say I'll have the red ribbon attached to the top of my van.

By Kate from Grayling, MI

I'd be afraid they'd blow off and I'd be charged with littering!

Pamcam, I have been doing this for years and

it hasn't blown off yet.I tie it to the luggage rack.There are drawbacks..Don't do anything illegal you'll stick out like a sore thumb!lol.and people often times think I have left my purchase up there.People that take the trouble to "help" are good folks:-)) (it's easier to cut the bag/ribbon off than untie.

It's very easy to locate my van when I search for it in any parking lot - I put an artificial flower on top! I just twist the wire of the flower onto part of the luggage rack and the flower stands up a bit to make it easier to find. The wire and flower are strong enough to withstand highway travel and commercial car washes. I've been teased by my husband a LOT, but now he looks for the flower too! I've even had a few people tell me they will tell their (older) mothers about the idea so it will be easier for them to find THEIR cars.

Locally, people take a tennis ball and split it a little. They put it on the top of the antenna in order to see their vehicle.

I write my location on my list before I enter the store.

If it's a big parking structure, I always use the voice memo in my cell phone to do a short recording: "Okay, I'm in section J8 of the Parking Lot."

My mom has done this for years. It never seems to blow off, and she finds it very helpful. She uses a flower made from plastic, like those used to decorate wedding cars. You do not have to have the whole bag tied up there - just a strip or two cut out from a colorful bag will do.

I have at times not remembered where I had parked my car in the supermarket car park and the plastic bag is a fabulous idea! Thank you*

Cars in a parking lot.
Remembering Where You Parked
Organizing Memory TricksFebruary 9, 2006
Golf Bag with Pool Cues in it
Uses for an Old Golf Bag
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Making a Plastic Bag Holder
Making a Plastic Bag Holder
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
🎄