Name Ideas for Home Improvement Company

I am starting a cleaning and home improvement company. I need ideas for a name, I already know the end _______ Cleaning and General Service but I need something to go in front. I have to put the general services to cover the all home improvements. That way it covers me on everything. I do not want to have a girly name. Thank you.

By Starrbear from Canada

Hi, what about Executive Cleaning and General Services?

Here's a good one,"Unique cleaning and home improvement".Good luck.

"Clean Sweep"

Cleaning and home improvement.

Consider using a word that starts with the letter A so that it appears very early in the listings in the phone book. Maybe use "Awesome Cleaning and Home Improvement".

Thank you all I am taking all into consideration. I am going on the 1st of May to register it. All are good now I just have to find which one is me. Thank you all again.

I agree on not wanting a girly name. However, when I look at 'general services' I wonder what line of services you are offering. For instance, I just opened my local phone book and started browsing. There are companies called Presco, Miah Inc, and Wildwood.

Anyone want to guess what they do? Think on it for a bit and I will keep going.

A very good friend and small business counselor said that the first thing to do when naming something is to step around the table so to speak, and be the customer. Read the ideas that you and everyone have come up with, and see if your business service is easy to recognize and understand.

For instance, I am starting a small business making craft kits. I went to our wonderful folks and asked them for help, and they came through for me as I knew they would. My kits are going to be everything or almost everything they need to make crafts, so a wonderful lady on here suggested "Take It From Here" Craft Kits.

It is self explanatory, easy to understand, and speaks to the customer. It tells them that from the time they open the package, it's all them.

So, while general services may "cover you" as you said, it really doesn't say what you do.

Repairs can be done without maintenance, but maintenance is rarely done without some kind of repair. Also, to "maintain" something means you are there more than once, you keep things going, and your clients are happy to have you come back.

So, here is something you might want to do. If you like the word 'General' in your name, why not make it your logo, too. You can find literally thousands of free clip art images, and find a little General for your business card, etc.

How about going all the way and saying "4 Star General Cleaning and Maintenance"?

That not only tells folks what you do, but gives them a feeling that your work is military clean and we all know that is about as good as it gets.

Good luck and I hope I have helped.

So, did anyone guess what those three businesses were?

Exporting, landscaping, and dry cleaning. Yeah, now you kinda' get the gist of what I was saying. Those who are confused usually seek out those who are easy to understand.

Poor But Proud

How about "All For You Cleaning and General Service" or "All About You Cleaning and General Service"?

What about reliable. It may not be a sexy name, but it would tell people what they want to know.

I operated Total Cleaning and Maintaince Services for 23 years. The name served me well, only problem was after I started several "Totals" popped up.I was able to tell them that my name use was legal, and I had exclusive use of it for 10 years. Once you decide on a name for your company you will build clientele quickly, and by keeping the same name year after year, while building a good name for yourself, you will have plenty of work. Old age stopped me.

For my opinion is good to choose a name, related to service that you provide and I agree with tsiegl for choosing a name, starting with A or 1, but the most important thing is the keyword which you use for the website and the domain to be same.

Business and Legal BusinessApril 14, 2009
Living room with nice interior design.
Name Ideas for Interior Design Businesses
for rent sign in front of a home
Name Ideas for Home Rental Company
Home Decor Shop
Name Ideas for a Home Decor Shop
architect working on a drawing at table with two others
Name Ideas for Architectural and Interior Design Company