Craft: Swiffer "Cozy" Pad Replacement

I recently made a Swiffer Cozy for my Swiffer to replace the dry Swiffer cloths I buy. I think it qualifies as the ugliest Swiffer Cozy ever, but it used up leftover yarn I had and, it is very functional.

I just measured the size of the bottom of the swiffer, and crocheted enough to cover that space, then added the top sides to go over the edges; making one side smaller than the other, so as to be able to slip it on easily. While it is ugly, it works great!

Best of all, when I am done, I shake off the dirt, toss it into the wash, and I do not have to keep buying the swiffer cloths and tossing them into the trash.

I hope to also make a mopping pad for my Clorox ReadyMop; using either cotton yarn or by sewing one with different materials.

By hoptownracer1 from USA

Great idea, I wouldn't mind some instructions as I have loads of cotton crochet yarn. So far, I've used old terry cloth towels cut to size and put on swiffer to clean my laminate wood floors. Like you I don't particularly like the things Swiffer sells, just don't get the job done.

I also would like the instructions for the Swiffer "Cozy" Pad Replacement. What a great idea. I agree the disposable pads are very expensive and what a waste. Does anyone have a favorite cleaner for vinyl flooring? The Swiffer cleaner is also quite expensive.