Save Beef and Veggie Leftovers in the Freezer

Experts say that the best way to SLASH your grocery bill is to eliminate the waste-stop throwing things out! Here is my way of salvaging the tablespoon of corn or green beans that is not enough to eat but I can't bear to throw out.

Here is my recipe for leftover soup:

Place a large Tupperware-like container in the freezer. At the end of every meal, throw all your leftover vegetables and their broth into this container. In addition, add any beef scraps from roasts, steak, etc. When the container is FULL, place in your crock pot with a large can of tomato sauce. You may have to add vegetables (or a small piece of round steak if necessary) to to balance it out.

I do NOT place broccoli, beets or asparagus in this pot (Save your broccoli in a separate container for Cream of Broccoli soup if you desire). I do not place ground beef, chicken or pork in this container.

It is delicious! NO more leftovers! Serve with crusty French bread for a delicious and hearty meal that's good enough to serve for company! Enjoy!

I make Swiss Steak (crock-pot round steak with tomato sauce) and the leftovers of this dish are a rich base for my leftover soup!

By Diana from Prospect, KY

My mom used to do this all the time when we were kids. My dad hated it and called it that d*** soup so through the years we just penned it D-soup. Once all of us were grown about once a month or so Mom would make a huge batch of D-soup and we'd all come over for a Sunday afternoon feast of soup and cornbread...My dad has passed away and mom doesn't cook as much anymore so we haven't had D-soup in several years...Thank you for your post, it brought back some wonderful memories! I may just have to host a D-soup Sunday for my mom and siblings very soon!

My dad made this soup when I was a growing up... we called it "Sunday, Monday, Tuesday..... Soup". i make it for my family of 5, and even the picky eater of the family LOVES it.

IT IS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!

We add pasta, you name it! MY TIP: KEEP A SEPARATE CONTAINER FOR CHICKEN BASED DISHES. Then you can add your left-overs to which ever freezer container you desire. My favorite part is to 'build' these in my mind with my left overs over the month. This soup makes the most amazing aroma when cooking it... mmmm....

I HIGHLY HIGHLY ADVISE YOU TO TRY IT!!! FANTASTIC POST!!