Old Dog Urine Stains on Carpet

I have two puppies. Every now and then I catch them peeing on the carpet! I try to clean it up as soon as I see it, but there are times when I don't catch them. The bedroom is really bad because they go at night when I am sleeping and cannot let them out!

It's making my apartment smell really bad! I don't even like to have company over because of the smell! Its horrible. I've tried everything! It just won't come out. The last product I used just made my carpet all stiff and hard, so now I'm trying to figure out how to fix that! Can someone please help me?

By ILoveMyPuppies

Best Answer

Is it wall to wall carpet or not? Forget the over the counter stuff - good old white vinegar and some woolite. It takes some work and a lot of little towels. You also need to use a lot of water. If it is wall to wall carpet, soak it with water first. I soak one of the towels with a lot of water to get it into the carpet. Then get that water up with another towel. Then, use water with the soap (over and over again)...then soak it with water again, then use the white vinegar. I put it in a spray bottle mixed with water. I spray it down and wipe it about 5 times. Then, a fan on it until it dries. If it is not wall to wall carpet, then scrub the front and the back also. The stains go away. But, it take a bit of work (and a lot of towels - I buy them from thrift stores or discount stores in bulk, some auto stores/hardware stores have them also). Then, just wash all the towels.

Best Answer

Soak spots with full strenght hydrogen peroxide. Let it work until it stops foaming. Blot up with old towels, or give it a good shampoo.

Best Answer

While the spot is still wet press out the excess urine with paper towels. put on lots of baking soda/bicarbonate of soda on the spot (enough to soak up all the liquid). Try putting peppermint oil(which you can get at a health shop) in the areas that you don't want your dogs to use as a toilet. Thy won't go there as they don't like the smell. No need to crate if the pooch is properly house trained and if you use the peppermint oil in the places he/she shouldn't go then it will be easy to clean(ex. tiles).

Anyway, back to the cleaning; after the baking soda has dried you can just vacuum the spot to get all the powder out. The baking soda is easy to use and cheap. It soaks up the urine and eliminates the smell.

Best Answer

I would like to inform people who need their pet stains out of carpets the way I did mine:

My sons room was so horrible from his puppy we got him, the puppy urinated all over his room, in every corner and all over under his bed, I tried all the pet odor carpet shampoo and nothing worked, I read up on the vinegar and water trick, tried it all and still didnt work so I made my own home remedy by mixing up other people remedies so here it is...

I put 1/4 cup of white vinegar, 1/4 of pet odor shampoo of any kind (but with a great scent), and the I added in 1/3 cup simple green (yes the stuff you clean counter tops with, if you read the back it says it works on pet stains) and I added a few squirts of dish soap (any kind really), I used sun sations apple scent with the oxy cleaning power. Then add it all into a gallon of water, spread it over the area in which is covered in pet urine, scrub it with a scrub brush, let it soak for about 20 minutes so it can work its way down in the fibres and pad, and then use your shampooer to get all the water and cleaners out! This really works! I am so relieved that my son can sleep in his own room again!

Best Answer

We had old pet urine stains in one our guest bedroom. After trying everything under the sun, we found that using Tide HE with Fabrize got those pet stains out. I spot cleaned the areas first then with the carpet cleaner did the complete room with the Tide. It got the spots out and made the room smell good.

The first thing you need to do is crate those dogs at night! Do some research on crate training. It's potty RIGHT before bed, into the crate, stay there overnight. Dogs don't really like to sleep where they potty so the crate needs to be small enough that they can't get out of it is they do it. As far as the floor is concerned, everybody has a treatment of choice. Mine is Nature's Miracle. You've got to ERASE the odor or they will continue to go in the same spots.

Hi,

first of all crate your dogs at night. it's really not that horrible as dogs like to "den-up" when they sleep. second, you can try white vinegar on the spots (soak it well and cover with large sheets of plastic with some weight on them, it helps push the vinegar into the subfloor. The tiny spot spreads widely under the carpet and soaks into the pad and subfloor. we're talking about old urine smells and stains) the fragrance will disappear in a few days. If you have a carpet steamer that good too as after a few days you can steam clean the areas to get up residual vinegar and urine. you may have to repeat this a time or too but it will work. Unfortunately you probably will not get your deposit back from you apartments. They use this little wand that tests for salts and that proves urine deposits. Good luck.

Sad looking puppy on carpet
Cleaning Dog Urine Stains from Carpet
Pets Pet StainsApril 7, 2009
Using a black light to find pet urine stains on carpet.
Finding Urine Stains on Carpet
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🎉
🎄