Heart Microwave Mitts
Heart shaped microwave mittens made from quilted scraps.
Approximate Time: An hour or less
- two scraps of quilted fabric each, about 9 inches square
- bias tape to match
- ribbon for bow
- paper for templates
- sewing machine and supplies
- Make a template for a heart by doubling over a scrap of paper. The heart should be about 8 inches across at the widest part, or wider if you have large hands. Using this template as a pattern, make another template for half a heart, tapering the piece as shown in the photo.
- For each mitt, cut out one full size heart. With right sides of fabric facing, cut out two half hearts.
- Bind the straight edges of the half hearts with bias tape. If you have fancy stitches on your sewing machine, you can sew over the bias tape using a contrasting color, or just leave plain.
- With the wrong side of the half hearts to the right side of the full heart, machine baste all around the edges. Trim very close to basting.
- Apply bias tape around the outside edge of heart. Sew a fancy stitch around outside if desired.
- Attach a loop for hanging at the back and tack a ribbon bow at center top of heart.
By preserver from Manitoba
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 24, 2017 at 9:09:15 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us