Tablecloth Dress

For those who sew, it's no secret that fabric prices have gotten ridiculously high. This dress was made with a tablecloth. New or gently used tablecloths and sheets can be found at thrift stores for next to nothing and provide tons of yardage.

By April from Albany, GA

That is so pretty and just the sort of thing I do for my kids.

Please post your instructions. Thanks!!

Super cute! Can you please post instructions? Thanks.

Darling dress. You could even shorten it to make a cute top! Great idea.

I would also love to have instructions. I have so many pretty tablecloths that I never use. Can you please post at least the basics? Thank you!

Sandy

I had a beautiful lace tablecloth previously belonging to my mother-in-law that had a lot of tears and holes in it. I had been looking for lace fabric for a valance, but couldn't find what I wanted. My husband suggested that I use the tablecloth. Luckily I was able to find some areas that were not ruined and made a beautiful valance for our window.

Great job, April!! This reminds me of a dress that I had in the 60's. OOPS!! That gives you an idea of how OLD I am. ;o) Anyway, you really used your creative powers to make a very striking dress!! Great job!!

It is also great to see someone so close to Jesup putting a post on Thrifty Fun!! Keep up the good work.

Here's a step-by-step video I found online for making a drawstring halter top. You could use the same instructions but make it longer for a dress. http://www.craftstylish.com/item/50 ... ke-a-drawstring-halter-top-or-dress. Looks very quick and simple.

Tablecloth Dress
Making a Tablecloth Dress
Crafts SewingAugust 10, 2009
selecting a wedding dress
Selecting a Wedding Dress
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Lace Tablecloth
Repairing a Lace Tablecloth
Family Eating Together Using Placemats
Keeping Your Tablecloth and Placemats Clean
🎉
🎄