Organizing a Charity Dog Walk

I would really like to devote some time to launching a charity dog walk this summer or fall. It would benefit a wonderful organization in my area, which provides no-questions-asked reduced price spay/neuter services. Sometimes they even drop their price to $10 per pet, and they take a deeper loss just to get more pets fixed. Any advice on where to start with something like this (plus prizes, locations, etc.) would be greatly appreciated!

Stacey from Dorr, MI

Go to the Runner's World website,, where they have information about managing a race. Same science, right?

What a great idea! I'd start by coordinating with the organization itself. Get their ideas, and go with them. Using the name/stationery of their non-profit and donation receipts, solicit prizes from WalMart, pet food stores, and other businesses. Ask for sponsorships.

Good luck!

I've been helping with various animal groups fundraising for awhile & there is a fabulous yahoo group specifically for fundraising for animals. Absolutely the best!!!! Tons & tons of great info, ideas, links, etc. Check out their website at:

a link to the yahoo group is at the top. good luck!

I am an event planner and work for a non-profit. We have an annual run/walk. Select a nice, safe location. We do our run in a local park. However, it is not cheap. Definitely look into Runners World for ideas. We have a Race Director that we pay $6,000 to coordinate the event day management. He had it USATF certified, which is a HUGE plus for getting attendees. You will not make money on your runners or walkers. It's all about sponsorships! It's also great to make sure you have medals and random prizes. If you would like to discuss further, just let me know.

Good luck! Annimal welfare is my favoriate. I work for an agency that deals with people, which is also a wonderful cause. Good luck, and God bless you. Diane

Better Living Charity FundraisingJanuary 7, 2009
Donating Fabric to Charity
Young beagle walking on a leash.
Walking Your Dog
Cat attached to a leash.
Training Your Cat to Walk on a Leash
Giving to Charity
Giving to Charity