Alternative Uses for Elmer's Glue

Elmer's Glue is great for removing splinters and blackheads around your nose! Just put the glue on thick without diluting it. When it's dry, just peel it off. Out comes the splinter, and out comes the blackheads. Much cheaper than those 'Biore' strips!

By Jackie S.

If you have ever gotten a cactus splinter on any part of your hands, arms, etc. then you should just put some Elmer's Glue on it, let the Glue dry and peel it off and the cactus spines will come with it.

Be careful using the glue on your face. It hurt badly when I pulled it off. It ripped out my tiny face hair out.

This does work, but I am just curious.....how did you get those splinters around your nose in the first place? LOL

I'm going to try it! Maybe I can save by not buying Nair as well as the Biore strips!

Thanks for the great idea

It also works fantastically for dramatic hairstyles. When I was in college I was rockin' a rather large purple and pink mohawk. I used Elmer's glue and spray strach to hold all two feet of it up! It also worked well making spikes in friends shorter hair and was alot cheaper than gel and could be used with food coloring to make a temporary color gel.

I'm going to try the elmers glue to put my hair in spikes. Does it come out easy?

Hey, I wouldn't put elmers in your hair man, it will eventually make your hair fall out!

Does anyone know of a british quivelant to Elmer's glue? I have a mohican and would like to save money on gel =] would PVA work for example?

Where can I buy Elmer's Glue from?

Editor's Note You can find it at most every grocery, drug or variety store in the US. It is a white paper and wood glue.

Elmer's glue is brillant.

It's actually much less toxic than 99.999% of hair sprays, gels, fixatives. No fumes, no freaky volatile chemicals, no flammable, cell-damaging, liver-taxing, lung-clogging particulate.

And NO, there is nothing about Elmer's Glue that would make one's "hair fall out" if used with a modicum of sense. If anything, it is so much LESS likely to damage the roots, or the hair, than pricey hair products.

Ha. This is a proletarian triumph. Only those attached to the status factor of a pink, shiny bottle of smelly hair spray or gel will miss out. Hahahaha.

I just discovered it clears pores around the nose a million times better than Biore and masques! And it does not DRY the skin! I also discovered that it can be thinned with water to tame a few little stray hairs in that point before the ears, or flyaway bangs... wow. Could it be that I can replace my $30 fixative, my $20 gel, my $29 wax... for $2.99 spent in the Back To School aisle?

And then there's color. And glitter. Just a little, not much. A streak here and there. Of course I will soak it well before washing it out.

Elmer's Glue Bottle
Alternative Uses for Elmer's Glue
Health & Beauty AdviceNovember 10, 2004
Canned sweetened milk.
Making Glue With Milk
Double Sided Tape
Uses for Double Sided Tape
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table
Super Glue
Uses for Super Glue
🎄