The Money That ThriftyFun Has Saved Me
I wanted to list the ways Thrifty Fun has saved me money over the years. I will itemize the things here:
- Vinegar Weed Spray: I saved on buying weed killers so I will say it has saved me maybe $12.
- Fabric/Air Spray: I don't buy fabric refreshers anymore since I read how to dilute fabric softener in a spray bottle; 3 parts water/1 part softener. I love the smell and sometime just use it on my clothes to reduce the static. $5.00 a Month
- Cayenne Rodent Repellent: I won't even go into how much money knowing how to keep rodents out of the car insides by using cayenne pepper. I would say in the hundreds or thousands of dollars.
- Bath Oil: I use regular sunflower or safflower oil in my bath rather than buying them at the store, $5 a Month.
- Hummingbird Feeder Recipe: I learned how to make hummingbird nectar by using four parts water to one part sugar.
- Flea Tips: I keep salt around the area when there are fleas. Peroxide and baby shampoo work better than flea shampoos.
This is the site that gave me the idea to order Frontline online instead of at the vets. That saves me $12.00 during the Summer.
I don't re-infest the house with fleas by keeping a flea collar in the vacuum bag. An exterminators fee has probably been saved by this.
- Snacks: I also learned how to feed the school kids in the summer all day by having staples such as beans, oatmeal, rice, etc. to snack on instead of junk snacks. That saves probably a hundred dollars a month.
These are just a few of the things that have saved me dollars from looking over this interesting and useful site.
Thank you, Thrifty Fun!
By Robyn Fed from Hampton TN
Editor's Note: And thank you, Robyn Fed and all the ThriftyFunners that share and discuss ideas so generously.
Here's an article about Making Your Own Weed Killer. It might contain the recipe Robyn is referring to:
Do you have any ways that ThriftyFun has saved you money? Feel free to share them below.
April 13, 20090 found this helpful
I always just pour straight vinegar on weeds I don't want. Sometimes I need to dig up really big ones, but I love the way it really kills weeds. I am going to try these other recipes though.
April 14, 20090 found this helpful
I agree with Robyn- this is truly a fun, money saving, and interesting site. I have started a mini butterfly garden, container vegetable garden, used many recipes, crafts and I always enjoy all the pictures everyone sends. Many thanks for all the information!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 25, 2016 at 2:16:41 PM on 10.0.2.41 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us