Lowering Blood Sugar Quickly

Is there any way to lower blood sugar immediately?

By Bill from Pahrump, NV

Best Answer

Provided that blood sugar is not dangerously high, take a brisk walk. Exercise is great to lower blood sugar with results seen very quickly. However, if blood sugars are extremely high this is not recommended as blood sugar will increase during exercise. My husband is Type II and we've found that a nice, brisk walk is great for him in the evenings after supper when readings tend to be high. I hope this helps! :)

Best Answer

This is most certainly a question for your doctor! Maybe he/she will tell you a walk will bring your blood sugar down, but what 'if' you should be doing something different/more than that? This is a life and death matter and not something to be trying to figure out on your own or from people who don't know your health issues but rather your doctor who knows your personal circumstances! Please make an appointment with your doctor!

Deeli

I have a neighbor who says her blood glucose drops about 90 points with a 30-minute walk. Brings down the triglycerides, too.

Ask your doctor.

If you are looking for something after you eat, maybe overeat, a walk surely will do it.

Remember, the heat and humidity of the summer will also change your BG readings. They will be artifically higher than normal. Do not skip your next meal if this is happening. Eat some protein, slight amount of carb. Then wait the 2 hrs post meal and test again, it should be at least 40 points lower. If you are experiencing difficulty, call your doctor or the local ER and ask. If you are a known diabetic, you should have a list already of who to call.

If you take injections for management, it is much more important to check with a doctor. Do not adjust your units used unless they tell you to.

As a whole, I can drop 50 points just with a treadmill walk of 20 min 4 mph.

I agree with everything Deeli has said. Your doctor's office can refer back to your records, and can give you the best, personalized advice. You could call and ask the nurse, to see if you can get this advice over the phone. If they have concerns, they will recommend an appointment. Best of luck!

I don't know what range of 'drop' you are wanting to do, or how quickly, but for patients that are hospitalized with extremely high sugar, it is dangerous to drop it too quickly. You definitely need to be talking to your doctor about this subject.

I don't know how to lower blood sugar quickly, but there is a little known product that my son uses called Limu. It is a juice made from a certain type of seaweed. He takes 2 oz. in the morning and 2 oz. at night, it helps keep your blood sugar under control and stops the devistating effects on your body of having your blood sugar go up and down. It even improved my son's eyesight and his feet haven't fallen asleep since he started taking it. It is expensive, you can only get it on the web, or through a distributor. My son gets it through my sister-in-law. Some Limu juice brands work better than others. I don't know what brand my son takes. It has helped my son, uncle and brother-in-law keep their sugar levels within normal range, and helped with their symptoms. You can do some investigating on the web.

I am not sure lowering it quickly is advisable, but exercise does make a huge different. Cinnamon is amazing to lower blood sugar. (About a teaspoon a day.) If you want to take it all at once, put it in a small ball of peanut or other butter and eat it like that. Nopali (cactus or juice) does lower it also. There are other herbs which lower it significantly also. Do a web search on it.

There are some side effects and cautions you should know before deciding to take cinnamon.

http://www.homeremediesweb.com/cinnamon_health_benefits.php

fruit and a glucometer
Emergency Tips For Diabetics
Health & Beauty AdviceJuly 8, 2010
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
High Cholesterol With Tangerine
Lowering Your Cholesterol
Curing a Hangover
Curing a Hangover
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
🎄