Dealing With the Stress of Home Building

After one year break of building work we are tackling the last room in our house and are stressed out. Who can help with the better half of mine turning with his opinions on everything into a little pest at best?

How to avoid confrontation and still getting an input?

By eleundhund from Dublin, Ireland Europe

Make a list of what is really worth the battle to both of you and keep this in the front. Keep a journal of ideas. Every time something comes up and you and your husband differ, look up who gave in the last time and s/he's gets their way this time. It's all about compromise, in the end after you've moved in and all, the really do become "small things". I was so overwhelmed when I built my home, glad I was single and didn't have anyone other than the contractor and the subs to argue with, that's hard enough. Good luck. :)

Stop thinking of him as the better half (joking). Sometimes confrontation is needed. Demand that your ideas be put into place. Sometimes I get advice on cooking or hanging curtains. I remind him that he knows nothing about it and that I have already learned the best way to do it. I then remind him that I cannot repair cars or fix computers like he can. To each his own.

Health & Beauty AdviceJuly 28, 2010
Stressed Dog
Dog Has Stress Incontinence
Man putting Ice Pack on his Shoulder
Preventing Repetitive Stress Injuries
Garden Pond
Building a Garden Pond
Building a Turtle Home in Your Garden
Building a Turtle Home in Your Garden
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 17, 2016 at 7:14:24 PM on 10.0.0.140 in 944 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.