80s Style T-shirts With Tassels

A few friends and I are attending an 80's rock concert in June. We ordered some band iron ons for t shirts and were planning to decorate the shirts with tassels and beads (such was the style in the 80's) but I can't seem to find any pictures or ideas on the web for this! Does anyone know where I can find them?

Jaymzeecat from Worcester, MA

Okay, I feel old... And I'm still in my twenties! Here's what we did back in the day... We cut slices into the sleeves and hem about a half inch apart (think of fringed jackets), added pony beads with knots as spacers and to finish off the fringe.

Hey, don't feel old, haha. I am only 27 myself. ^_^ Thanks for the tip!

I just made my daughter two of them for her birthday (she saw them in a movie made in the eighties and loved them).

I bought shirts that were two sizes too big and cut off the sewed bottom on the bottom of the shirt and the sleeves. Then I took a good pair of sewing sissors and sliced in 1/4 inch (not perfect) sections about four inches up all the way around the bottom of the shirts and all the way up the sleeve (until I hit where the sleeve is sewed on) At the bottom of each one of the cuts cut a small v, just so you can get the bead on.

Slide the bead to the top of the slice you made in the shirt and make a small knot at the bottom. Then pull the bead down and put some force on it to make sure the knot is tight enough. Continue for the rest of the shirt.

YOU HAVE TO WASH IT BEFORE IT WILL LOOK RIGHT!!!

And just as a whatever, it took me about and hour and a half per shirt to do....so make sure you have uninterupted time to do them. Once you get interupted, you lose the "flow" you were getting into to.

email me at marstonmd@hotmail.com and I will send you pictures of one of the shirts that my daughter won't take off!!! (I use Kodak easy share)

Good Luck-Misty

i borrowed this pic from off yahoo -

http://www.sturgis-rally.com/cart/images/bt/btrosevinebig.jpg

cool ! i love them !

have you ever seen the bandanas that have been fringed ?!?!

they are then used as neckerchiefs

-heres the link !

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/140771539.html

That shirt's a pretty cool idea because it slopes down in like a "V"... awesome bandana too!

You might try finding some C.D.s of groups from the 80's. They will have pictures and might give you ideas. Good luck.

My fav t shirt was White and plain then it had

a band of tassel like string sewn in a V on front

with silver stars and crystal beads that were clear.

I loved that shirt and got lots of attention in it,

wow I miss that shirt. Good luck and have fun.

Oh I loved the eighties and I am umm a bit past 20..hehe There are vintage clothing sites out there just do a search on vintage clothing and you will come up with the sites. I don't have them bookmarked or I would share and even if I did, I have a major clutter problem here :)

Good luck and have fun!

Crafts ClothingApril 22, 2006
A girl with a mohawk.
Mohawks on Girls
Woman in a black dress holding shopping bags.
Clothing That Never Goes Out of Style
Old desk updated with new bright paint.
Updating Out of Style Furniture
Frugal Curtain Tiebacks
Frugal Curtain Tiebacks
🎉
🎄