Making Salads Ahead of Time

By Mary Pritchett W. 1

I make a up salads for individual servings, ahead of time. I usually make four at a time and this requires a lot of chopping and cutting up celery, peppers, onions, eggs, etc. at one time. I use the cheap paper plates to put each vegetable on after I have chopped them up.

Then when I need to add them to my salad, I just fold in the paper plate and use it as a funnel to put the right amount of vegetables on each salad. It is so easy and then I just discard the paper plate. This just gives me more control of how much I use and keeps things separated till I need them.

Also, I add a paper napkin to the top of the salad to absorb any moisture. I put on the lid and store in the fridge. I hope that this helps any salad lovers out there. I am on the Atkin's diet and I do eat a lot of salads. Have a great day!

By Mary from Mendenhall, MS

By Lynn T. 1 9 Flag

Something you might want to consider adding to your salad is peeled and chopped up zucchini. Raw it basically has no flavor so it's added vitamins without some gross taste. Peeled and cut in strips it goes well on a veggie and dip tray too.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Making a Salad
Salad Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips Time SaversOctober 13, 2011
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
chopping green onions
Chopping Green Onions
Making a Salad
Salad Tips and Tricks
Mayonnaise in dish with fresh basil leaves.
Fat Free Mayonnaise Recipes
crisp green salad
Keeping Salads Crisp
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 12:23:10 PM on 10.0.2.28 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings