Looking for Easy Low Calorie Recipes

l am looking for low calorie dishes that taste good and use easy to find ingredients. I really like five ingredients or less recipes.

By eveh from Gulf Coast

Studies show that people who start a meal with soup, especially broth-based soup, end up eating fewer calories by the end of the day without feeling hungrier.

There are plenty of versions of diet soup out there, here is one version:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Diet-Soup/Detail.aspx

Pillsbury has some good low calorie recipes.

http://www.pillsbury.com/CommunityForums/forums.aspx/9/468

Thanks. Those do look good. I would not have thought to look at the Pillsbury site. I equate them with baking and high calorie. Thanks.

Soup to start a meal is something I had heard about but just never tried. This seems to be the meal but I think it is a good idea once in a while. I could make it ahead of time and it would give me a chance to use up those small left over pieces of veggie too. Thanks you.

My favorite low-cal recipe is to take chicken pieces and remove all fat and skin. Saute in a small amount of olive oil. I season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. When it is nearly done, I add a package of frozen vegetables (not the starchy kind), stir and cover. Put the heat on simmer and when the vegetables are cooked it is done. Very tasty and simple. I am diabetic and overweight(and losing) and this is a good dish for me. Family like it too.

Wassrunk, thanks, that does sound very simple and easy to do. I love chicken, and I think that frozen carrot, onion, celery, broccoli, mix is really good, so I am going to do this for supper.

I have convinced my DH that taking some thighs and breast and cutting them up in cubes and strips is a good thing. I hate cutting meat but he loves to do that. I keep a few packages of the raw chicken in my freezer all the time. That will makes this very easy to do for me.

Kraft Foods have low calorie recipes and Taste of Home.com has low calorie recipes.

Thanks crazylady. You know, I always forget about the name brand sites and the food chains like Winn-Dixie and Food Gaint. They all have recipes on their web sites. I love the internet. : ) I am so happy I joined this site. You guys rock!

Woman Planning Low Calorie Recipe
Low Calorie Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Dieting Low CalAugust 7, 2009
A healthy salad with light dressing on it.
Low Calorie Salad Dressing Recipes
Bowl of plain  yogurt.
Low Fat Yogurt Recipes
Low Calorie Chocolate Cake
Low Calorie Cake Recipes
A woman eating an apple.
Low Calorie Snacks
🎄